Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post in galway

Options
  • 14-10-2006 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been having any trouble with an post lately? I've got several parcels, three envelopes and one parcel, that never arrived at their destination....they were sent well over a week ago from eglinton street, seperately but on the same day or the day after.

Rather annoying....have never had any problems up to this and seems strange all my stuff would go missing together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

HavoK wrote:
    Has anyone been having any trouble with an post lately?

Some stuff sent to me never arrived, but they came from abroad, so cannot put the blame on Galway.

Now one weird thing, i get the occasional delivery on saturdays. Could be the postman sent it to the wrong house, and a nice neighbour dropped in it.

So either they deliverying to neighbours a lot, or we get the odd weekend delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

I posted a rental DVD a few weeks back, it never arrived at the destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

You're usually better off to deal with the smaller owner operated ones. In Ester's one in Salthill, they make it a point to get to know your name. I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

HavoK wrote:
    Has anyone been having any trouble with an post lately? I've got several parcels, three envelopes and one parcel, that never arrived at their destination....they were sent well over a week ago from eglinton street, seperately but on the same day or the day after.

Rather annoying....have never had any problems up to this and seems strange all my stuff would go missing together.

I can only laugh............LOL
    I got a nice post "person" that threw a package over the side gate once but she didn't see the dog on the other side who found another use for all my partners Family Album stuff....LOL too.

BUT

how many packages a week do you expect through your door considering your always wheeling and dealing on the adverts site.

I collected from An Post insurance on mine. Best of Luck. No badness intended on the LOL but I reckon you are get 2 packages a week ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I sent something to UK last week, it didn't arrive yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Did anyone enquire/complain to An Post about this? I just realized there are 2 items I send more than a week ago and none of them reached its destination...

Advertisement