Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with bittorrent

Options
  • 14-10-2006 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey all,
    Recently started using utorrent and have consistently had a connection speed of no more than 20 kbps. I think I have tried everything.

Gone to portforward.com and followed the guide. Didnt work. Ports I use dont work. Have enabled/disabled upnp to no affect. Port forwarded for tcp and udp and still nothing.

Granted im an absolute newbie with networks(just spent 4 hrs trying to get it working) so have given up and am here to ask of people who know what there talking about. :)

Btw im using an eircom netopia 3347nwg if that helps.

Cheers in advance for any help you may provide!

regards,
    mr.snrub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Hi Sn

That router with the eircom branded firmware is causing no end of problems, myself included, pinholes are what you need to be opening up and with that firmware (the eircom branded one) is hidden, you can do it through the command line but personally I'd suggest and it's what I'm going to do when I'm down with my client next is to install the netopia firmware, make sure you keep a note of the settings.

When the netopia firmware has been installed in the expert settings under NAT there should be a menu item called pinholes, set those to the ports and to your IP address of your computer (set a static one, it's easier) and that should sort you out, generally bitorrent clients will only give you a slightly higher download than what you're uploading.

I've now gone to using usenetserver for stuff, €11 a month, 500k plus a sec download.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Which one? I've tried www.usenext.com but its far from perfect...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Hey guys,
    I think I fixed it. All I did was reset router to factory settings. Although im getting the exclamation mark at the bottom of utorrent saying there is an error with my connection, im still gettting sustained d/l speeds of 210 -215 kB/sec. To get this the only setting i changed was limit the upload speed to 10 kB/sec. Also upnp was enabled. Thanks for your input guys and i hope this may help others out.

snrub

Advertisement