Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees in Scottish Universities?

Options
  • 14-10-2006 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Are they bringing fees for Irish/EU students into Scottish Universities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nope, Im debating going to Aberdeen and the girl at the stand at Higher Options told me that theres no fee's for Irish sttudents. They're treated like Scottish students ie. the same as an Irish student going to an Irish college. Obviously you have to pay for accomodation though. Its the end of the course that you pay an endowment payment of about £2000 i think in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Aero787

I know that, but I heard that they are thinking about bringing in fees approved by the Scottish parliament. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah sorry then, cant help ya with that one. They better not be, then there goes Aberdeen out the window for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 worksucks

I did a 4 year degree in Edinburgh I didn't pay any fees but i was doing an allied health degree and I think if you have done a degree before you have to pay. As well if you start your 3/4 year degree when there is no fees then you'll be able to finish without paying fees. I finished in Scotland in 2005 and every year they waffling about fees but it never came about. Going to Scotland for college is a good idea you get long summer holidays etc. The only thing is all your living costs will be in sterling so you'll have to work quite a few hours to make ends meet!!

Advertisement