Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to change credit cards?

Options
  • 14-10-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

How can you chane credit cards?

I don't want to pay 2 government 40 levys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Assuming you have a balance to transfer...

You need to select your new card provider and tell them your doing a balance transfer. They will send you forms etc and tell you what to do to avoid paying 2 levys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I was about to do this...

But will have to wait a few months, because need to save up 3 bank statements (recent ones, sent to the address from which you're applying for the credit card) and then 1 other utility bill(or tax statement etc. sent within the last 3 months). Obviously I don't have any of these things tucked away so going to save them up now and apply in 3 months time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

chump wrote:
    I was about to do this...

But will have to wait a few months, because need to save up 3 bank statements (recent ones, sent to the address from which you're applying for the credit card) and then 1 other utility bill(or tax statement etc. sent within the last 3 months). Obviously I don't have any of these things tucked away so going to save them up now and apply in 3 months time...

if you need a bank statement pronto then log into your onlink banking and press "Order Statement"

there might be (and we are talking about a bank so there probably is) a fee though unless you enjoy free banking

as a sidebar isin't it strange how when important things need to be done paper statements are still required, hmmm what about those posters on board who sung the praises of rabodirect online account, that doesn't send statements does it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It's a pain in the ass. I change credit cards regularly and have never managed to get away without paying the duty twice. You have to get a letter from your previous credit card company saying that you've already paid the tax, but they tend to be reluctant to send that to you once you're no longer a customer. In the end up you're just glad to be rid of them.

The system doesn't work at all. It's a nasty stealth tax and should be got rid of.

Advertisement