Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Radio?

Options
  • 14-10-2006 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

hi, would anyone be interested in helping myself and my friend set up an online radio station aimed at the gaming community?

we intend to use SAM3 and a shoutcast server as our software

we currently have a 25slot shoutcast server running 24/7

if so u can contact me on msn, dannyboy-1991@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

So what gaming are you going to focus on? Online? Consoles? Or a bit of everything? Irish based aswell is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

european based with a focus on online gaming, its basically going to be a radio station that plays music, hosts competitions, gives news updates to gamers about game developments, releases, etc...

its also going to have a clan aspect to it whereas we advertise various hosting companies, etc.. such as Jolt.Co.Uk.

our main listener base will more than likely be UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

so, fragFM basically?

more or less, its actually called Pur3 Pwnag3 FM, short name Pur3 FM

you cna check out our not so fantastic forums at http://www.pur3fm.tk/

we intend to give fragFM a good run for their money...

we're currently looking for the following:

-DJ's with various abbilities and passions (e.g Dance music, Rock music, News, Discussion etc.)
    -Web Master to design us a reasonable website to match FragFM's
    -Sponsor to provide us with a reasonably slotted shoutcast server, in return we offer free advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd do a live mix for the craic
    (I play the harder edge of dance music though, it might be a bit much for some...)

leave a post on our forums m8, all DJ apps wil be dealt wit on that

ripping on the pure pwnage name might be a bone of contention for some, but good job anyway. just please don't come in with moby when i'm playing css for christ sake :p

lol i wont i promise...

we still need a webmaster/designer to help us out with a site
    also someone who can add certain mods to the site, such as an interactive chart, request box, etc...

help is appreciated guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Erm... kinda changed my mind about this actually.
    I'd rather not play on the same station as somebody that would even acknowledge a request for DJ Rankin... let alone play anything by him!

good luck with it all anyway lads

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    Erm... kinda changed my mind about this actually.
    I'd rather not play on the same station as somebody that would even acknowledge a request for DJ Rankin... let alone play anything by him!

good luck with it all anyway lads
    well the fact of the matter is that thats what the tuned in listeners wanted at the time.

We'll be scheduling all our DJ's once we get enough, therefore if someone wants to hold a Rock Show or something then they can be marked in for it.

i think something that might be of use, that may sway servers to you from fragFM would be some sort of script that lets users type a command (or maybe have a form on the stream page..) to request songs while in-game...

i think something that might be of use, that may sway servers to you from fragFM would be some sort of script that lets users type a command (or maybe have a form on the stream page..) to request songs while in-game...
    not a bad idea m8,

il leave a post in the coders forum lol :)

Advertisement