Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers For John K

Options
  • 14-10-2006 10:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've been tasked with the getting rid of JohnK... sorry, farewell dear JohnK beers. John is expecting an all-day cracker of a piss-up, and I'm sure I can organise that, but I'll open the floor to you lot for suggestions first!
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

dahamsta wrote:
    Right, I've been tasked with the getting rid of JohnK... sorry, farewell dear JohnK beers. John is expecting an all-day cracker of a piss-up, and I'm sure I can organise that, but I'll open the floor to you lot for suggestions first!
    adam
    Yes, there is much drinking to be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was going to suggest some sort of mystery tour but we'll probably end up having one no matter what plans we make. If it's going to be an all day session, I suppose a Saturday or a Sunday would suit most people......except Tree. Saturday 21st or Sunday the 22nd?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

tree can make time, i can take a sunday off maybe, its onlyworth five hours rather than 9... and besides, ill be in bits most saturdays, and you want me to be in tiptop form to beat adam at the oul drinking.

dont mind where we start, i dont think ive ever seen teh inside ofa pub before seven... apart from the old bar in ucc, but that doesnt really count

*bump

I'm finished work for the week today and my Internet connection at home is a bit dodgy so I thought I'd bump this up. How about going on Friday and starting earlier? Taking a break for something to eat some time in the middle of course. I probably shouldn't be talking about this at all - my eye is doing that twitchy thing it always does after prolonged sleep deprivation.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

have to work around work as always, while i finish at nine on afriday, im free from six on a sat and sun, preferably sun atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Is that today Friday or next week Friday...? If it's next week, I'll probably be full of antibiotic and birfday goodness, which beats the chest infected not-so-goodness of this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I can't do today anyway.

Next week then? I'll be having a cheap night of it if I'm drinking...

I'm going to be missing this one so :( - I'm on holiday for the next three weeks. The weekend after I come back, I'm going to Limerick for the weekend so I'll see you guys sometime in December.

When's the first Friday of December? :)

Bugger! :(

• Advertisement

So what is the story with teh drinkies to wave John g'dbye? Is it on this Friday? Btw, Purgatory is not on this Friday :( Ultimate sadness...

I was hoping John would pick a day tbh. I can do tonight or next Saturday (at the weekend, but I presume most people can't do during the week). I need to know about tonight asap though.

I'll be out anyway due to the whole being older thing and wanting to forget that by drowning in a lake of alcohol. There'll probably be a group of young ones with me. Dunno where we'll go yet...the Jazz Weekend confuses and scares me. Anyway, clearly John needs to make a decision so we don't have to!

dahamsta wrote:
    I was hoping John would pick a day tbh.
    So much for organising everything!!! :rolleyes: ;)

I'm going for a few drinks tonight but I'll be leaving early cause I'm trying to avoid town as much as possible this weekend. I will be around next Saturday though so if that suits the rest of ye then lets get really really drunk! :D

I tried to! They all hummed and hawed like things that hum and haw quite a bit!

ill be dolled up to the nines next sat, but i can drop in and awe ye all w/ my purdiness

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh, nutsacks. I've just realised that this saturday is the Unholy Alliance gig in Dublin. (Which, since it means you wouldn't have to put up with my drunk-ass ways, is probably another vote in favour of saturday).

However, I still suggest friday. On the basis that saturdays in town suck fat donkeys.

Myself and LMM will be tucked away in a hotel room celebrating a year together on Friday. Strange but true. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You'll be tucked away inside LMM celebrating a year together, you say? Splendid!

(Yeah yeah, I know, but...well...you of all people know that I can't resist smuttiness, adam. Don't try and deny it.)

I'm shocked and stunned and deeply offended and stuff.

• Advertisement

Yeah, your posting tone and guffaw that I heard from here really convey that...

Subtle and tactful... :rolleyes:

Subtle like a brick to the back of the head, tactful as a subsequent kick in the nads on the way down...and in fairness, it's not like anyone who's met me expects me to have redeeming qualities and stuff.

I don't have nads...

It was a metaphor for heaven's sake! Anyway, see what happens when I gets fiddly with me lingo? People go and misunderestimand me!

Back to grunting and swearwords for me, I think. (As if anyone will notice the difference...)

Fysh wrote:
    ...and in fairness, it's not like anyone who's met me expects me to have redeeming qualities and stuff.
    Truer words were never spoken :D

In other news, I wont be heading over to Oz till the start of Jan now which gives us a bit more time to plan the whole getting hammered thing. Of course, there's nothing stopping us from going out this Sat anyway as a sort of a practise run but by the looks of it there's not many of us around...

Can we have a go off long-term arrangements for a major pub crawl so?

I like your thinking :D

I'm off, back Saturday evening, if drinking is happening text me in the interim please.

TTFN,
    adam

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    Truer words were never spoken :D

In other news, I wont be heading over to Oz till the start of Jan now which gives us a bit more time to plan the whole getting hammered thing. Of course, there's nothing stopping us from going out this Sat anyway as a sort of a practise run but by the looks of it there's not many of us around...
    you're useless, you'll never leave at this rate!!

i'm free for drinking every night this weekend, dresses and heels have been pushed back a week

Advertisement