Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to do a back-up?

Options
  • 14-10-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I'm no webmaster, but I know a little. What I want to do is back-up the contents that on my FTP to my PC. Do I just drag and drop or what? I have controlpanelx if that helps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thats what I currently do, but Im sure you can automate this with a cron job. Any Linux heads care to divulge?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Thanks. I was speaking to someone about this today and I was saying I just wanted to make a back-up of my site files and database (posts/threads/users etc), he said that all I'd need to do is copy the public_html files to my PC. I already have a daily back-up cron/scheduled task set up that backs up my forum to file on my server, so that's all I need.

I'm doing this just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ah didnt realise that was you on BA this morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

he he :)

Don't let it happen again ;)

Advertisement