Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV clicksilver & Phonewatch

Options
  • 14-10-2006 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Just got a new phonewatch system installed and now am trying to sign up with UTV clicksilver. Problem is they won't accept your application if you have eircom phonewatch installed. Any particular reason for this?

In another thread people say broadband will still work with phonewatch installed which I do belive but what about the other way around will my new phonewatch system work with utv broadband installed? I also signed up with utv for the telephone package so it looks like line rental is going to utv as well, will this affect phonewatch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Just got a new phonewatch system installed and now am trying to sign up with UTV clicksilver. Problem is they won't accept your application if you have eircom phonewatch installed. Any particular reason for this?
    Because they don't want to have any liability if your house gets burgled, and phonewatch claims that they didn't get a call.
    In another thread people say broadband will still work with phonewatch installed which I do belive but what about the other way around will my new phonewatch system work with utv broadband installed?
    Even with our abysmally lo broadband take up, I think it's about time that people started asking Phonewatch this question - it's the service that has "special needs", not broadband.
    I also signed up with utv for the telephone package so it looks like line rental is going to utv as well, will this affect phonewatch?
    No, phonewatch doesn't know, or care, who you pay your line rental to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

OP, if your line passes for BB then just order it and don't mention phonewatch. Both will work fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and its free to test the phonewatch is working , any time you like in fact .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hey,

there is a splitter available that will resolve your problem,this is available from your alarm provider,give them a call it works on most broadband suppliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

kaizersoze wrote:
    OP, if your line passes for BB then just order it and don't mention phonewatch. Both will work fine.
    although both will work fine there is a risk of the alarm not being received at the mon station if a splitter is not used,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks guys, will report back when everythings up and running.

Advertisement