Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa - a point at last

Options
  • 14-10-2006 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Played well - fell back at the end to hold on.
    Trust we appeal Davenport sending off - never touched him.
    Defoe was wonderful up front holding up ball.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i thought we played well today until Dawson had to go off with Davenport following after a red card (unjustified in my opinion)

Lets hope we have now turned a corner :) especially good to see Lennon back

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

We should have taken the full points [Villa]

But I assume you's will appeal Davenport, dodgey sending off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

score more goals next time, and you will!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We havent been beaten in a while now.
    Just need to keep it going and the wins will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Fair play to Davenport. Played with a broken nose for 60mins because ye had no other centre backs.

True sportsman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We havent been beaten in a while now.
    Just need to keep it going and the wins will come.

All the reports I read said if we'd taken our chances in the 1st half Villa would have been dead and buried by half time. Encouraged by the reports of Murphy's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

definately think the team is starting to gel a bit better .... Zokora is looking better every game and he will be a massive player for us...

Looking forward to another good performance in Turkey on Thursday and then follow that up with a win against West Ham on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Villa fan here, I was at the match and in the first half Spurs were very unlucky not to score, hitting it off the post when it probably should of been in the back of the net. I was in the Doug Ellis stand which would of been on the right side of the pitch with Spurs playing up. Every single set piece Ghaly was free and unmarked on the back post with Barry choosing to stay more central, I don't know what he was doing to be honest.

I thought it was a dubious penalty when it was given and probably not a sending off. Angel had an absolute nightmare, if he was in a Spurs jersey that header of his would of been world class. I thought although villa didnt deserve to win they definately could of stolen three points especially with the chances and possession that they had in the last quarter of an hour.

It was great to see Didi Agathe do well when he came on that said he looked sluggish in the last five minutes. Stan Petrov did well throughout the game and McCann was workman like, stunning goal from Barry.

The spurs fans were right below me and were definately the louder of the two sets of fans despite the fact that the vast majority of the crowd were Villa fans.

Refreshing honesty shoutman, and pretty close to most of the reports I've read. Haven't had a chance too see the peno incident on TV, but by the looks of these highlights it was a shocking decision (apologies for the comedy US commentary :D )
    shoutman wrote:
    The spurs fans were right below me and were definately the louder of the two sets of fans despite the fact that the vast majority of the crowd were Villa fans.

Our travelling support is quality, I've had the privilege of sharing the away end 9 times in the last 18 months, every trip has been amazing (even if we've lost 7 of the 9...I'm a Jonah!). That said, the Villa fans were pretty noisy at the Lane last season.

I was supposed to be at this game, for the 2nd year running I had to let my flights go to waste. Had a mate's stag in Mullingar instead...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

shoutman wrote:
    Villa fan here, I was at the match and in the first half Spurs were very unlucky not to score, hitting it off the post when it probably should of been in the back of the net. I was in the Doug Ellis stand which would of been on the right side of the pitch with Spurs playing up. Every single set piece Ghaly was free and unmarked on the back post with Barry choosing to stay more central, I don't know what he was doing to be honest.

I thought it was a dubious penalty when it was given and probably not a sending off. Angel had an absolute nightmare, if he was in a Spurs jersey that header of his would of been world class. I thought although villa didnt deserve to win they definately could of stolen three points especially with the chances and possession that they had in the last quarter of an hour.

It was great to see Didi Agathe do well when he came on that said he looked sluggish in the last five minutes. Stan Petrov did well throughout the game and McCann was workman like, stunning goal from Barry.

Fair play to you Shoutman. Good on you for getting over to support your team. This was the first time in 4 years I missed our trip to Villa. It's one of those games I always try and get to.

Good luck for the rest of the season, except on Boxing Day obviously ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Lol those highlights sound like somehthin out of Soccer AMs boston goals bit.
    Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Glad to see one fan can see some good in another team - English football seriously pisses me off on this factor alone. The only good players are on our team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

galinka wrote:
    Glad to see one fan can see some good in another team - English football seriously pisses me off on this factor alone. The only good players are on our team.
    Yeah, not like Irish people towards England national team..

:rolleyes:

Advertisement