Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do BT start billing?

Options
  • 14-10-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I signed up to BT Broadband & Total Talk (€45/month) package back in September. The broadband was activated on 25th Sept and the telephone became active yesterday, 13th Oct.

What date should BT start billing me for the service? From when the broadband was activated or from when the telephone became active?

Also, is the connection fee and first two months all meant to be paid up front?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

LOL :D

Bt Billing is the hidden fourth mystery of Fatima

It should be form the 13th with a small adjustment for BB x 3 weeks @ 20 a month from the 25th and an amount to get you TO your permanent billing date + connection and 2 months upfront from that date .

They may bill you from a permanent 21st of november and then 2 month cycle and will therefore hit you for :

2 months + connection + 5 weeks from the 13th oct to 21st november + calls before 21st november that are not in the package + 8 weeks bb at 20 a month from 25th september .

Thereafter its simple (€90+ calls to non geographics of any sort every 2 months ) but BT bills are such incomprehensible gobble that they really create so much work for themselves and piss people off even when they are accurate .

A bit of clarity would be nice BT , how hard is it ?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

About three years down the line, two years after you've cancelled your account with them, usually accompanied by a solicitors letter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    LOL :D

Bt Billing is the hidden fourth mystery of Fatima

It should be form the 13th with a small adjustment for BB x 3 weeks @ 20 a month from the 25th and an amount to get you TO your permanent billing date + connection and 2 months upfront from that date .

They may bill you from a permanent 21st of november and then 2 month cycle and will therefore hit you for :

2 months + connection + 5 weeks from the 13th oct to 21st november + calls before 21st november that are not in the package + 8 weeks bb at 20 a month from 25th september .

Thereafter its simple (€90+ calls to non geographics of any sort every 2 months ) but BT bills are such incomprehensible gobble that they really create so much work for themselves and piss people off even when they are accurate .

A bit of clarity would be nice BT , how hard is it ?:p

Very!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

glad i am not with bt, i still have €90 credit on my account (after about 6 months of overcharging) that they wont give back to me (i cancelled in april). i still get the odd bill saying the owe me €90

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mukki wrote:
    glad i am not with bt, i still have €90 credit on my account (after about 6 months of overcharging) that they wont give back to me (i cancelled in april). i still get the odd bill saying the owe me €90

Give them a taste of their own medcine - set the debt collectors on them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've been with them for about six months and I only got my first bill there last week. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Just like to echo everyone else's experiences: It took me about six months (and many phone calls - forget email they never answered any of mine) after the changeover to get billing sorted out with BT. The good news is once I struggled through that initial period of pain everything has worked like clockwork after that . That was more than a year ago and since then I have gotten a correct bill every every 2 months on the 24th. The bill is viewable on-line but I get an email reminder. I guess that BTs computerised systems are fine once they are set up - it is the not very trained monkeys trying to enter data into them who screw up. In my opinion BTs administrative support staff are outrageously incompetent. In fairness I must say that I have had excellent service from their technical support staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Sponge Bob wrote:

I've just realised my line rental is still with Eircom :o ! I assume once this has finally changed over I'll be billed from that date, with all the adjustments included?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It may be the 24th not the 21st and their other billing cycle is on the 9th is it?

Its not by calendar month and there are two every month which spreads the load on customer care (in theory anyway) .

Assume nothing has gone wrong yet I would say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement