Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay , 5c messages, some questions

• 14-10-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is the 5c mms/pic messages/sms the price I pay when sending to any irish network?

Is there a way to send email via mms for 5c?

Is there a way to send mms to an irish number and then get it forwarded to an international number? Ie a number set-up with web text on o2 with international coverage, and then in some way divert them to an international mobile number?

What's the kb limit for the 5c messages? Is it 10 or 100 or something inbetween?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote:
    Is the 5c mms/pic messages/sms the price I pay when sending to any irish network?

Is there a way to send mms to an irish number and then get it forwarded to an international number? Ie a number set-up with web text on o2 with international coverage, and then in some way divert them to an international mobile number?

What's the kb limit for the 5c messages? Is it 10 or 100 or something inbetween?
    read my sig. don't join 3.

get onto meteor. free texts to other meteor numbers and if you use the AFT program available on this forum you can send them to other networks for 2c.

or if you want to send international texts cheap, join o2. their webtexts can be sent abroad so with AFT they'll be 0.25c

edit:get AFT here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054999786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

flodis79 wrote:

1. Yes.
    2. Don't know, don't think so.
    3. Don't know.
    4. I think 300kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You'll get pretty much the same value from a Meteor text bundle and a lot less hassle!

I found 3 a total pain to deal with. The contracts are confusing.
    e.g. if you sign up for say the Talk&Text 400 then say move to Talk&Text 600 because you think it fits your needs, then a month later decide you're wasting mins and want to move down again they will refuse to downgrade you for 6 months!!

My Sony Ericsson K608i was also a total disaster of a phone. The phone itself is ok, but the battery life is so pathetic that it makes it nearly unusable. I was getting less than a day out of it.

I don't like any of their other handsets. They're all huge and power hungry.

Their web access is highly restrictive, i.e. you only access what 3 want you to access via a walled garden approach.

You can't access your own POP or IMAP email either via the phone's client.

Their roaming agreements are lousey and even in the UK you're stuck with the 3 network only with no fall back to any other networks so, no 3G coverage, no coverage AT ALL.

I then asked to leave 3 a few months before the end of my contract and they told me I'd have to pay nearly €400 in line rental charges in advance to do that!
    Even after 6 months, you can't downgrade your package to the lowest level. You have to do it in monthly steps..

They're just a nightmare to deal with and I would have no interest in dealing with them ever again.

I've purchased a Meteor Pay and Go phone (Moto RAZR) and am very happy with it and am just biding my time now until I can get rid of 3 and take back my old number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Solair wrote:
    Their roaming agreements are lousey and even in the UK you're stuck with the 3 network only with no fall back to any other networks so, no 3G coverage, no coverage AT ALL.

Strange how I've been on T-Mobile 2G in the UK then when out of 3 coverage.

No issue with your other complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Solair wrote:

I managed to setup my eircom email on a 3pay phone I got last week and also access to other pop3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well perhaps they've solved the roaming issues since my last trip to the UK then, but I was finding that I had very poor coverage when I was there and all non 3 networks were locked out.

The fall back should be onto O2 UK, that's their back-up network that fills in gaps.

I just haven't been very impressed with them at all.

If they'd roll out some decent business packages and mobile data cards for laptops, we'd be looking at something worthwhile.

I also don't think I was charged at the correct rates when I was in the UK. They didn't seem to debit mins from my monthly "free" mins bundle but rather charged a per min rate. Got no where with customer care on this issue.

Also, they'd a huge problem texting O2 and Voda in the UK causing repeating texts etc. I don't know if that's been resolved yet, but it's a bit of a mess if you regularly text the UK as you can't really tell which network you're texting from the number. I also was unable to text many EU countries where I have friends who I would occasionally say hi by SMS to. e.g. NL, etc

I just think anyone connecting up for the first time deserves a heads up on the technical and other issues that exist on their network.

If you're really into your 3G features e.g. video calling or watching The Hive with tom dunne they're great. If you're looking at them for just the cheap calls, I'd suggest a 2.5G (Traditional GSM/GPRS) network is worth looking at first.

3G's just not quite "there" yet from what I've experienced of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Beware of Meteor customer service. If you ever have a problem with them, it's hell to get it fixed. In my experience at least, Meteor have been doing their best to make 3's customer service staff "look good". Or perhaps I've just been unlucky.

O2 and Vodafone, on the other hand, seem to generally at least try to help. Not like Meteor, who believe that the customer is always wrong. Serious attitude problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Solair wrote:
    You'll get pretty much the same value from a Meteor text bundle and a lot less hassle!

I found 3 a total pain to deal with. The contracts are confusing.
    e.g. if you sign up for say the Talk&Text 400 then say move to Talk&Text 600 because you think it fits your needs, then a month later decide you're wasting mins and want to move down again they will refuse to downgrade you for 6 months!!

My Sony Ericsson K608i was also a total disaster of a phone. The phone itself is ok, but the battery life is so pathetic that it makes it nearly unusable. I was getting less than a day out of it.

I don't like any of their other handsets. They're all huge and power hungry.

Their web access is highly restrictive, i.e. you only access what 3 want you to access via a walled garden approach.

I then asked to leave 3 a few months before the end of my contract and they told me I'd have to pay nearly €400 in line rental charges in advance to do that!
    Even after 6 months, you can't downgrade your package to the lowest level. You have to do it in monthly steps..

They're just a nightmare to deal with and I would have no interest in dealing with them ever again.

I've purchased a Meteor Pay and Go phone (Moto RAZR) and am very happy with it and am just biding my time now until I can get rid of 3 and take back my old number!

i agree , dont go there, a minefield of annoyances, not to mention the unlocking problems.
    i honestly couldnt recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

it shows on 3's website that the 5c deal also goes for bill pay customers and i was fair happy called customer care but it turned out that it wasnt supposed to be in the section
    useless fools

and can you believe that the motorola v3x is €99 on 3pay but €129 on the €25 a month option since when do credit customers get phones cheaper!!!!!

Advertisement