Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtains for triangle window

Options
  • 14-10-2006 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Not sure of anyone has had this problem but we have a large window with a triangle top which goes up in a vaulted ceiling and so cant't put a curtain rail across the top. We've looked a various approaches and serached google to death but cant seem to find anything similiar suggestions for covering this window.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

We use to have a window like this, but it faced onto our garden and wasn't overlooked so we never needed a blind/curtain for it. I remember seeing something on a TV ad that looked like it would have worked though, You could try them at http://www.thomas-sanderson.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

im pretty sure i've seen triangle blinds on tomas sanderson ads. for the upper sections in conservatories. They come automatic too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

If You really want curtains, the only way is to fix 2 rails to the angled sections, and make a pair of curtains sloped on top to match.The curtains will be fixed permanently on each rail and you will open them by holding them back with tie-backs. Should you require more specific details PM me a sketch with rough sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

We had a window like this once and had vertical blinds. Nothing special really, just a normal vertical blind with the rail mounted at an angle, and the blades cut to length. If you want to pull the blinds across for any reason, like cleaning the windows, you have to remember to install them so that they wind up towards the apex if you see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Phoenix3 - window is 3m high and 3.6 wide so if we simply tie the curtain back it will lift up (by my calculation) about 0.8m when tied back which wouldnt look right?

Alun - Hadnt that of those, good idea but unfortunately shot down also. We do want to have the window fully exposed during the day and dont think the verticals would look right when opened either to centre or sides.

Sandersons brochure on the way so hopefully might be something there, a roller blind of some sort on top half of window would be ideal, roman blinds on bottom half and false curtain draped on edges.
    misc 003.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I agree with Phoenix3, see attached (feel free to gape in awe at my magnificant CAD skills :) ).

Remember, only the outer edge of the curtain will lift, so if it is lined in a colour that features in the pattern, it will look perfectly okay. I have seen this done on huge windows, ove 5m high and it looks very well.

Advertisement