Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ministerial Resignation over Financial Scadal

Options
  • 14-10-2006 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

From the BBC
    Sweden's trade minister is to resign over allegations of tax evasion after just one week in office.

Maria Borelius has admitted hiring nannies without paying taxes and employers' fees.

She should have used the Bertie approach - kids....ehhhh....personal capacity....ehhhh.....not of your business....ehhhh....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sean Moncrieff was talking to someone from Swedish National Radio about this on Friday. Other crimes and misdemeanours included not paying for a TV licence for years and a freebie chocolate bar.

Those Swedes - give them an inch!.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Thats too far. I wouldn't fire someone from their job over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It doesn't make a difference to be honest he was only in the job a week and there was a controversy which doesn't say much about his affairs.I guess they just pushed him off the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Maybe someone should tell Michael Collins about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I seen the below article on rte's website

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1016/chiloc.html

in a nutshell, swedish minister didnt pay her lisence fee and paid her nanny cash in hand, therefore she resigns from her post.

Our Bertie accepts €50,000 in gifts from unnamed businessmen and friends, for helping him through a tough time, tough being a ministerial salary.

I'm not saying bertie is corrupt or anything so dont jump down my throat. Whether the donors got anything in return or not is irrelevant. The reality is Bertie was compromised, he made a mistake.

If Ireland adhered to the same political ethics as other nations he wouldnt have ever been taoiseach at all.

ps: Is there any other job where you would resign over not paying your tv lisence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

There is another thread on this already.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I seen the below article on rte's website

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1016/chiloc.html

in a nutshell, swedish minister didnt pay her lisence fee and paid her nanny cash in hand, therefore she resigns from her post.

No doubt the next opinion poll will show her rating increase by 8 points or more. What a perverted country Ireland is!

Advertisement