Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I not see 'who else ' is viewing the North-West Forum ?

Options
  • 15-10-2006 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

When I log on to the North-West forum, I can not who else is online to this forum.

This to me is unusal, as I do not have the same problem on other forums, anybody got an explanation :confused:

P. :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984422

Feedback thread explaining.

This feature is currently unavailable in all forums, not just this one so I'm unsure as to what you are seeing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984422

Feedback thread explaining.

This feature is currently unavailable in all forums, not just this one so I'm unsure as to what you are seeing.

Beat you by one minute. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote:
    Beat you by one minute. \o/

Yeah...well...uhmmm......SHUT UP!

:p

OT:

Paddy20...are you sure you're seeing the list of those using the other forums and not just the mod list at the bottom of the page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yeah...well...uhmmm......SHUT UP!

:p

OT:

Paddy20...are you sure you're seeing the list of those using the other forums and not just the mod list at the bottom of the page?

Good point, but every other fotum I visit, seems to list all those viewing , unless they decide to be anonymous, that is fair and democraric, unless theyr specifficaly requested that their names be withheld ?.

P. :cool: .

p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No, I think it's gone everywhere now Paddy.

:cool:
    Goodshape wrote:
    No, I think it's gone everywhere now Paddy.

I still cannot view who is viewing this forum, this is not my error, but I am beginninng to think the moderators have a little bit of work to do ;)

P.

Paddy20 wrote:
    :cool:

I still cannot view who is viewing this forum, this is not my error, but I am beginninng to think the moderators have a little bit of work to do ;)

P.

Em, since you don't appear to have read the link people have posted for you....
    As many of you know we are not happy with the general performance of the boards.ie website.

Many different steps are taking place to try to improve things as much as possible. Some of these steps involve the removal or changing of functionality.

Currently the "Users using this forum" feature is disabled. That people aren't happy with this has been noted, but the admins are trying to balance a hell of a lot of factors here, and we should all bear that in mind.

Please also note that it never really worked anyway. The web doesn't let servers know what you're doing, only what you have done, hence people using more than one tab would only be "using" the forum in the last tab they opened and people who'd looked at a forum or thread and then closed their browsers or went to a different site would still be "using" that forum for some time.

• Advertisement

Paddy20 wrote:
    Good point, but every other fotum I visit, seems to list all those viewing , unless they decide to be anonymous, that is fair and democraric, unless theyr specifficaly requested that their names be withheld ?.

Uhmm I think if you look a little harder you might find that you're mistaken. Nobody else seems to be able to see who is viewing the forum.

Perhaps you should post in Feedback?

Uhmm I think if you look a little harder you might find that you're mistaken. Nobody else seems to be able to see who is viewing the forum.

Perhaps you should post in Feedback?

To be fair lets giveTHE moderator s an opportunity to respond ;)

p, :cool:

You've already had it explained four or five times, what more do you need exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    To be fair lets giveTHE moderator s an opportunity to respond ;)

p, :cool:
    I think all the details have been supplied here Paddy and in any event there is nothing that we can do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi Paddy20, I think that some users have been given access rights to control and alter the way this forum exists. Therefore maybe they are mucking around? Have you spoken to them about 'this'? I believe that they were the instigators of the 'people on this forum' bit at the bottom of the forum being removed from the 'people on this forum bit at the bottom of the forum place.

So, maybe you should ask the people that have done this if they can put it back on. I can't recall the usernames of the users that have been abusing and using the system to your discontent though, but maybe someone else does.?

Gordon wrote:
    Hi Paddy20, I think that some users have been given access rights to control and alter the way this forum exists. Therefore maybe they are mucking around? Have you spoken to them about 'this'? I believe that they were the instigators of the 'people on this forum' bit at the bottom of the forum being removed from the 'people on this forum bit at the bottom of the forum place.

So, maybe you should ask the people that have done this if they can put it back on. I can't recall the usernames of the users that have been abusing and using the system to your discontent though, but maybe someone else does.?

I like it the way it is, I won't be changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I am not part of this conspiracy. Im a simple country lad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I see dead people. But they're not able to view the posts either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

its so you dont know when "THEY" are watching you paddy. man. :eek:

Advertisement