Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Burner problem

Options
  • 15-10-2006 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

The winters coming and my oil burner wont light!!
    I have a Riello 40 burner that wont fire,i have bled the system via several ports in the fuel line/pump but to no avail. When the big red start button is pressed the motor works and then there is a small `click`from the solenoid?:confused: then after a few seconds the motor stops because of no ignition,the other strange thing i noticed is that the damper plate which allows the air into the burner is not opening at all.:confused:
    Any suggestions ????????

Barry
    ps. Its a kero fueled system and i have a full tank ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

First have you bled the burner? I had a similar problem last year and it transpired after replacing every replaceable part in the burner that it was the fuel line, ie the flexable piece about 1" long that connects to the boiler. These have a shelf life and they can suck in enough air to cause the burner to cut out while not leaking oil. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If the air intake cover is not opening, then you have not fully bled the system. There is no oil pressure to open it.
    Naturally it could also be that the oil pump has packed in.
    There are allen screws on the cover of the oil pump for bleeding, or you could try the oil pressure port on the side of the pump facing you. You must NOT turn the oil pressure adjusting screw which is above that.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barryenglhish1

Thanks lads for the input on the boiler,managed to get time to dismantle the oil pump yesterday as i was confident the thing was fully bled,low and behold the small drive key that turns the internal gear inside the pump had worn away,hence no drive to the pump and no oil pressure! Made a replacement drive key and now we have a warm house!!!:D
    Many Thanks

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Did you check the boiler inside for sut buildup. My pump did the same and totally clogged up the boiler with sut. I also made up the wee drive key and it lasted about a year. Eventually replaced the pump for about €75..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had problems with my pump a couple of weeks ago.
    I got a new one here.

http://www.boilercare.ie/catalog/

Fast service, had the pump in a couple of days. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement