Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited download cap

Options
  • 15-10-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am trying to find someone who will provide an UNLIMITED monthly download limit. I am currently on Eircom with a 20GB download cap, but need more! Does anyone know of a service provider that gives you the option on unlimited downloads.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I'm not aware of any such suppliers in Ireland and doubt if there are any but I regularly double or occasionally triple my limit on my BT+ account and have never been charged / QOS'd.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

UTV Clicksilver Plus is a 3mb service and you can pay an extra €5 a month to have unlimited downloads, however it is restricted to off peak hours.

I have NTL and also go over my allowance and have never heard anything. Some people on thois board hvae got letters however so I have to keep it to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Zascar wrote:
    UTV Clicksilver Plus is a 3mb service and you can pay an extra €5 a month to have unlimited downloads, however it is restricted to off peak hours.

It's not limited to off-peak times. If they consider you are dogging it, they will restrict your speed during peak hours. Someone posted here that they're doing 100gig a month on it and they haven't been restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

cate wrote:
    I am trying to find someone who will provide an UNLIMITED monthly download limit. I am currently on Eircom with a 20GB download cap, but need more! Does anyone know of a service provider that gives you the option on unlimited downloads.

Thanks.

Smart BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

BT do supply unlimited broadband services, but at a price. I think its around 120/month but I cannot remember, it is their business package and they also provide you with a static IP and speeds between 4-5megs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

delah wrote:
    Smart BB.
    fair usage policy =/= unlimited download cap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Irishbroadband (Breeze) - before everyone starts moaning, my service has been solid for months now (probably a year or so) after the original upgrade to 2Mb screwed everything up for 6 months, it's been rock solid since. No cap in either direction. Downloaded 20G over the weekend without a worry of restriction or extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cremo wrote:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=48&highlight=terabyte

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=589&highlight=fair+usage

;)
    A very fair usage policy, but I concede not a true no cap service.
    (I've never heard of anyone being told off)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Net1 have an unlimited download cap. Im with them two three years now and iv had zero problems in relation to my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

www.net1.ie say they dont have download cap.........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BT Business Broadband....had it for 18 months and no caps etc and a static IP

And you can do a ULMP unbundle which means you don't pay eircom any line rental as your line is converted to digital only :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have had Irish Broadband since they put up the transmitter in Tallaght. Never and i do mean never have i had even one days trouble with it. It has no caps whatsoever and I generally get a download speed of 220k except at peak times when it drops to 160k

However, I am practically next to the transmitter on Killinarden Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Cabaal wrote:
    BT Business Broadband....had it for 18 months and no caps etc and a static IP

And you can do a ULMP unbundle which means you don't pay eircom any line rental as your line is converted to digital only :)
    Sounds good Cabaal, does that also mean pings are lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Cremo wrote:
    Tell me about it. Net1 offer a "Unlimited Cap" that now seems to have an unknown cap and just fire their "fair usage policy" jargon to cover themselves. If only i had a different decent provider!!! Id prefer they made a decent cap and be done with this crap.

www.net1.ie say they dont have download cap.........
    Unfortunately they do have one that they dont seem to say! Service with them has been terrible this past few months with service being up and down and not usuable to large times. They say its because people are using the service too much (mmmm unlimited cap advertised net1!!) and have now decided to limit ports or something, service is just about quicker than dialup loading pages now. Id love to know what the actual contention ratio on my line is, ive reason to believe they are overclogged but i dont know, all i know is avoid them for now until this mess is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Magnet have
    4mb/100gb @ 28euro a month , with small print of 50c a gb for over usage...

i go over 100gb regularly and haven't been charged!

that seems like a nice deal anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

Im with regional broadband and they have a no limit service - they do have a fair usage policy but i can't seem to find any info on what they mean by fair usage. I download alot and am kinda worried i'll go way over the mark.

Advertisement