Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unfairly Clamped

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If the clampers were a private company I mean, Private Enterprise has no legal basis in this field and our constitution would rule so. If Clamping is to be enforced it should be by civil servants and by the councils or relevant authorities.

As for Prison, lol!! Murderers and Peado's hardly get prison now. Poor Box maybe but prison lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Clampers on public streets operate on contract to the local authority.

Also, if it's a private carpark, then it would be at the carpark owners discretion.

Finally, assault is assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Fey! wrote:

Also, if it's a private carpark, then it would be at the carpark owners discretion.

No, it operates on a contractual basis. A sign must be present saying e.g. "Cars parked here will be clamped", to which a person agrees by parking their car. If there are no warning signs and a private citizen clamps another then the clamped party should have a clear action, probably in trespass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Volvoboy wrote:
    we were disgussing where to go, Q-bar or go back to tomangos,
    -VB-
    id rather give the clamper my hard earned than either of those two holes he did you a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

PeakOutput wrote:
    id rather give the clamper my hard earned than either of those two holes he did you a favour

True!

Sorry to go OT has anybody noticed some signs in the city have been changed from 19-00 to 21-00 in parking bays. I see a lot more cars clamped in and around camden street every morning. Its been a long time since ive worked in the city but I had always presumed 7-00 to 19-00 but thats not the case anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

appologies for responding sooner, looks like this is case of lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks for the helpful responses and the not so helpful ones.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Chonker wrote:
    True!

Sorry to go OT has anybody noticed some signs in the city have been changed from 19-00 to 21-00 in parking bays. I see a lot more cars clamped in and around camden street every morning. Its been a long time since ive worked in the city but I had always presumed 7-00 to 19-00 but thats not the case anymore?

This used to be the case but it's changed in a lot of places now. Was parking in Nth Great Georges St at about 7.30pm last week and noticed a clampers van parked on the st near the junction with Parnell. Had a glance at the signs and it's pay parking until midnite :eek: now. Wouldn't even have thought of looking. They were just waiting for people to park and picking them off like fish in a barrel. Needless to say, I moved the car. Went down to Cumberland St, across the road, 7-7 parking 30 secs away.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

kbannon wrote:
    There is a time period AFAIK. However, as you were parked within a taxi rank a different set of rules apply and I don't believe that you are given any sympathy by DSPS because you shouldn't be there regardless of how many taxis are there.

Hmm.. and we all know how taxis obey the parking rules. On Saturday I was outside Le Chateau at the Academy St/Patrick St junction in Cork and during the 45 minutes I was there 5 taxis broke the red lights.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

parsi wrote:
    Hmm.. and we all know how taxis obey the parking rules. On Saturday I was outside Le Chateau at the Academy St/Patrick St junction in Cork and during the 45 minutes I was there 5 taxis broke the red lights.
    Two wrongs don't make a right! This thread is about someone clamped for parking in a taxi rank - not about taxis breaking the law so stay on topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Think yourself lucky. My van was nearly lifted from there, I ran back when I saw them lifting it, they told me I was too late so I got into it and they had to put it down :D.

That was last year after Arsenal had just one the FA cup, he told me I was lucky that Arsenal had won the cup and he was in a good mood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

netwhizkid wrote:
    If it was a private clamper you should hire an lawyer and sue as they are unconstitutional. A bolt cutters and a disc grinder come to mind plus a haymaker for any thick clamper. If I ever get clamped that will be my way of dealing with it. Something similar happened last year when some fella took his expectant wife into the GP and when he came out to rush her to Hospital his car was clamped. Clamper got KO'd.

AFAIK if you can remove the clamp in this situation without damaging it then there is nothing that can be done, but if you go at it with an angle grinder you can be done for criminal damge. See thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054873590&referrerid=&highlight=clamped+at+work

Advertisement