Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton Live Q?

Options
  • 15-10-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've a problem with Live that's drivimg me crazy. I'm using it for DJing and every time I import an MP3 Live gets the BPM wrong by about 10 or 15. Also when I turn the Warp function off the track sounds way faster that the original.

As you can see from the image, Ableton thinks The Rolling Stones "Lets spend the night together" is 135BPM.

Any suggestions?

Tnanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

The warp function is only effective when its used for tracks that were recorded with midi time accuracy, so the rolling stones would not be warped properly becouse it was timed to a human drummer, its best used with dance music, dnb, hip-hop etc... also be sure to have it set to complex mode when importing full tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I think I figured it out. I'm gonna have to manually edit the beat markers on every track. What a pain in the arse!

Advertisement