Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell D820

• 15-10-2006 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Just ordered the following spec from dell.ie:

Latitude D820 Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz 667MHz FSB) with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M 512MB
    15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) LCD Screen
    PalmRest Standard
    UK/Irish - D820 Ship Accessories with Power Cord
    2.0GB, 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory (2 x 1024MB)
    120GB SATA (5,400RPM) Hard Drive
    8X DVD+/- RW Drive with Power DVD and Roxio Creator Delux (CD NOT Included)
    90W AC Adapter
    9 Cell 85WHr LI-ION Primary Battery Extended Life
    Dicota Backpack Style (Black) - Not compatible with 17" + screen notebooks
    Irish/Spanish - 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter
    Bluetooth Card
    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) Core 2 Duo
    Dell Wireless 5505 3G(HSDPA) with Vodafone SIM Ireland
    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse (UK)
    UK/Irish - Dual Pointing Internal Keyboard
    D820 Software Drivers
    D820 Resource CD
    English - Genuine Windows XP Pro SP2 (No Media)
    English - Genuine Windows XP Pro SP2 Media/Recovery CD
    No Anti-Virus Software
    Base warranty
    3Y NBD International (Next Business Day) On-site
    NoBusinessSupport
    CompleteCare 3Y Accidental Damage Cover
    Latitude Order - Ireland

Anyone ever heard anything about this particular graphics card (not for sale by dell ireland yet as far as i can see) is it a true 512Mb or a 256Mb then uses 256Mb RAM?

Does anyone know if the D820 fits the docking station for the Inspiron 8600?

And finally how does the 3G card work is is a slot in card that will work with an Inspiron 9400?

Thanks
    Opti

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Anyone ever heard anything about this particular graphics card (not for sale by dell ireland yet as far as i can see) is it a true 512Mb or a 256Mb then uses 256Mb RAM?
    Specs here
    AFAIK it uses nVidia's Turbocache technology to use up to 512mb RAM. I *think* it has [strike]64mb[/strike]128mb discrete memory.
    <edit>It's on the tech specs for the D820! :confused: </edit>
    Does anyone know if the D820 fits the docking station for the Inspiron 8600?
    If it's a D/Dock then it should. If it's a USB dock it should still work but it's more a port replicator then...
    And finally how does the 3G card work is is a slot in card that will work with an Inspiron 9400?
    No, it's built-in/onboard and can't be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

WizZard wrote:
    Specs here
    AFAIK it uses nVidia's Turbocache technology to use up to 512mb RAM. I *think* it has [strike]64mb[/strike]128mb discrete memory.
    <edit>It's on the tech specs for the D820! :confused: </edit>

If it's a D/Dock then it should. If it's a USB dock it should still work but it's more a port replicator then...

No, it's built-in/onboard and can't be removed.

Cheers

Yeah see it on the dell site but when you are doing up a configuration its unavailable.....

Sounds like it will do the job i want it to i.e. work and the odd gaming in the car with 2Gb 667Mhz ram should work well :p

The dock is a D/Dock (dont like the new port replicators dell claim to be docks they use for the inspirons these days)

Advertisement