Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trippin by Mick Wall

• 15-10-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I got this book a couple of days ago. I know its a book, and it might not belong in this section, but I wanted to post it here because I didnt want to review it I just wanted to find out if anyone else read it and what they taught about it.

It features pieces on festivals such as Rock in Rio and the Moscow Peace Festival and interviews with the artists of yesterday (who are still big today) like Jon Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Axl Rose, Jimmy Page, Def Leppard, Poison, Richie Blackmore etc who have been around for the past 20 years and its basically a collection of pieces he wrote for Kerrang between 85-91

As a Journalist, i like his style, but taught he wanted to be a rockstar too much for comfort.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I enjoyed it - brought back a lot of memories of when I got into this kind of music in the first place, buying Kerrang!, watching Mick on 'Monsters of Rock' on the old Sky channel, etc.

Can you blame him for wanting to be a rockstar? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mick Wall was proberly my favourite Kerrang hack esp on Deep Purple who he clearly loves (or is it Ritchie!?). You'd just want to be there when reading his gig reports.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

peter1892 wrote:
    Can you blame him for wanting to be a rockstar? ;)

Not a bit

Advertisement