Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got an SCR3 this week. Gear problems.

Options
  • 15-10-2006 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got it this week and im quite happy with it. I have a problem though with some of the gears in the sense that some of them are extremely noisy and it makes my bike sound as if its broken.

In some of the gears, if I just adjust the front derailleur with the brake lever slightly it rectifys the problem. But for some gears this does not work at all.

Are the gears set-up correctly? Is this normal?

Also, im 6'2" and the saddle is up quite high in relation to the handlebars. Somebody said in a bike shop I should try extra large but when I went in to buy the guy said large is fine as extra large is too big. Is he right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

What frame size is your 'L' bike? I just got a 23" frame Giant and I'm 6'3".

Have you tried adjusting the handlebar height/angle?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sounds like there is a problem with your setup, sometimes you would need to trim the front mech with the feather on the ctrls but only in bottom and top gear on the rear cassette. You need to go back to where you got it and get them to adjust everything, maybe the cables have stretched a little. There should be no noise except whirring of wheels when you move along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

I just checked the frame there and all it says is large. Where would the inches be written. It was my understanding that they just came in small, med, large and extra large.

daveym: Thanks. I know theres definitely something wrong with it now after just reading your post... Ill ring the guy tomorrow.

Advertisement