Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Processor or RAM?

• 15-10-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all, I just have a quick question about my laptop,
    When playing a game i purchased the gameplay kind of freezes every second or two, I was wondering what can i do to resolve this?

My laptop has
    2.6GHz cpu
    512 MB RAM
    60GB Hard drive

So what are my options? I could upgrade the RAM to 1024 mb, or would i need a faster chip?

Or would a re-instaling windows remove lots of junk which could speed it up?

Any ideas would be great??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Buy another 512 ram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whoah, there's more info needed tbh.

what game
    what graphics card

laptops aren't very upgradable bar the ram and hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

it will be the graphics card is the problem - good luck trying to upgrade that but another 512Mb cant hurt anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Your graphics might not be able to handle the game too well and unfortunately they aren't really upgradeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

What game is it and what laptop do you have? You'd want to find out what graphics adapter is in the laptop before spending money on anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Its a Dell Inspiron 1100

Maybe its time to get a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You could buy Asus laptop barebones and build one either

Ah, I have an Inspiron 1000 and it has some 32mb jobbie that plays very little, so yours is probably similar. Afraid you are going to have to upgrade your lappy or if you want to play more games, then get a desktop as it will be easier to upgrade the video card.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

I see ok tnx all.

Did you upgrade the RAM in you inspiron Ruu??

Yes, it was at 256 and I got another stick of 256, its all it could handle which was a shame. :( Yours can handle up to 1gb afaik.

• Advertisement
Advertisement