Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardeaux 2-3 Real Kuntz

• 15-10-2006 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Well, in Boardeaux's second Friendly we went with a 4-4-1-1 formation.

The team played were friends of our goalkeeper Shane, and play in Division 7 of the Midweek Astro League.

We went one nil down after seven minutes, but were back to one all ten minutes later, the equalizer coming from Jules. On twenty-two minutes Enda gave us the lead.

Before the half time break they got it back to two all, and midway through the second half they were in front again.

We had a great opportunity to level the scores again, with a penalty. Alas, Jules' spot kick was saved by our very own Shane, who had taken to the nets for the opposition for the second half.

A very good performance from the lads, and if we play like that in our lrague games I'm sure we'll pick up a good few wins.

Well done lads, and hard luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Both teams played some decent football, good to see.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

seansouth wrote:
    Alas, Jules' spot kick was saved by our very own Shane, who had taken to the nets for the opposition for the second half.

traitor.jpg

Also ref was awesome again in his last ever reffing game :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye that Jules chap what a traitor, I told him which side to shoot and all. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    Also ref was awesome again in his last ever reffing game :D
    LOL at the sending off. :eek:

It was probably a free, but a sending off, wtf?

He should have walked for the deliberate handball that gave us the peno though.

• Advertisement

He moshed Enda as he knew he was turning onto his right foot.

Funny tho :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

At least the guy took it well and left the pitch without protest.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As Des said it was an excellent performance. It's an encouraging sign when the players go into the dressing room after such a narrow defeat and are disappointed. We know we are more than capable of winning against teams like that so there's no way we will be out of depth when the league starts.

We scored two excellent goals and some of the build up play was outstanding. On a personal note, it was my fault for the second goal. Pricked about when a hoof would have done. Apologies for that.

I think everyone is looking forward to out first win and on today's evidence it won't be long in coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I thought it was my fault for the second goal. Guess it must have been the third. I had an absolute howler, my fitness just isnt up to scratch. Then again either is my first touch, passing, positioning and vision.

At least I know what to work on I suppose.

3rd was all yours :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

I thought we played pretty well today - definitely didn't deserve to lose in the way we did but such is football, sorry soccer. ;)

Our build up play is really starting to come together, and its only a matter of time before everything clicks into place.

Just to echo what Neil said before kick off, if we have a game arranged its essential we're all there well before the scheduled start to allow us to make sure we have time to sort out tactics etc. because I guarantee if we sat down and talked through everyones duties, the 'clicking' process would happen a lot quicker.

But, a good performance lads.

The Brit.

Hoodle wrote:
    Just to echo what Neil said before kick off, if we have a game arranged its essential we're all there well before the scheduled start to allow us to make sure we have time to sort out tactics etc. because I guarantee if we sat down and talked through everyones duties, the 'clicking' process would happen a lot quicker.

Didnt hear that wasnt there :D

Least we know where it is now :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Great game, sore muscles after, great size pitch....i didn't even know that guy was sent off until after the game :-0 Our build up play is getting better but a few more games and a few links between players will start to form.

I should have put the first shot away that lead up to the penalty, second chance he handled it. Was raging about that.
    So we're definately improving, another day and the result could have gone different...but thats football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Very disapointing result, but promising performance. Things seem to be coming together now. We were better than them I thought, which is a good sign as they've played together for a few years.
    Also well done ref for sending that long haired moaner off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Apologies again lads - peno miss was pathetic.

Again, we deserved at least a draw but if we keep playing good build up football like we were doing, particularly in the second half, we'll put teams like them away no bother. Need to get more men into the box though, cos we should be making more chances off that good possession. We're solid through the middle, but agree that the full backs need a lot more cover from the wingers.

One thing I'll say is before we kicked a ball in anger we agreed on here that when a fella is attempting the right thing but fails at it, he gets a 'hard luck, keep it going'. When a fella is attempting the wrong thing, like beating a man just outside our box, then he should get grief if it comes off or not. The point is we should keep encouraging lads to keep trying the right thing and not get on their back if it doesn't come off, and the constructive criticism will help cut out the unnecessary risk taking.

By the way lads, in a totally unrelated matter - anyone know a lad who'd be available for doing a day's labour, maybe two, from tomorrow in Crumlin? Labourer I had lined up for helping with paving just became a dad.

Advertisement