Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for webdeisgner

Options
  • 15-10-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi, ive recently started an online radio station aimed at the gaming population, would it be possible for a webdesigner to make us a website, one that could possibly live up to the standards of what www.fragfm.co.uk have.

in the website i would like a homepage telling the public a bit about our radio station, a music player inwhich they can directly connect to our steam, an interactive schedule depicting when our dj's are on and a link to that dj's "profile". A profile page of all our dj's. a link to our forums. a request form that sends an email to our email address ( much like a feedback form on any normal website ).

You can contact me on dannyboy-1991@hotmail.com

Regards,

Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there any financial reward for this?
    Will there be a need for the staff in the station to be able to add/edit content on the site (e.g. if a new DJ arrives) or will the designer be contacted to do this?
    Have you already secured a domain name and hosting or will the designer need to sort these out? If you have, what server side languages does your host support? (PHP, CGI, ASP...)
    Presumably the web designer will need to spell check the text they recieve also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

kbannon wrote:
    Is there any financial reward for this?
    Will there be a need for the staff in the station to be able to add/edit content on the site (e.g. if a new DJ arrives) or will the designer be contacted to do this?
    Have you already secured a domain name and hosting or will the designer need to sort these out? If you have, what server side languages does your host support? (PHP, CGI, ASP...)
    Presumably the web designer will need to spell check the text they recieve also :)
    there will be no financial reward as such. however the reward we can offer is that if the designer in question has theyre own personal website, advertisement of that website will be provided. also a "designed by *Blank*" will be available to the designer at the footer of the page.

Domain name and hosting are yet to be secured through station sponsorship.

If it is possible i would like to have the ability to change onsite information and content instantly by logging into an admin type control panel much like on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No money huh? Your inbox must be flooded by now.

On the off chance that it isn't; you may want to consider installing Joomla or Mambo - on your own. For this you will need PHP and mysql afair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I recommend you go to buildtolearn.com and post this there. Someone who wants to develop web skills might help you.

The best reward you can probably give them is to be willing to be a reference or give them some quote that says they did a fantastic job and met your requirements perfectly.

And an add or acknoledgement on your website might not go astray either.

You should find someone willing to do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

HI

quick question - do u plan to make money from this site?

TNX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

It looks like fragfm uses phpnuke for their website
    http://phpnuke.org/

They also use phpbb as their forum
    http://phpbb.org

Both of these are free.

You can register a .com .net .org for approx 10euro so all you need to do then is to buy some hosting (php/mysql based) and you can have a carbon copy of the fragfm site. No specific need for a webdesigner. All you need to do is read about phpnuke and phpbb and you will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Alternatively you could use one of the free sitebuilders that a lot of hosting companies offer with their hosting plans ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

DanOB wrote:
    there will be no financial reward as such. however the reward we can offer is that if the designer in question has theyre own personal website, advertisement of that website will be provided. also a "designed by *Blank*" will be available to the designer at the footer of the page.

I remember asking my dentist to do my root canal for free. I told him he could engrave his corporate logo into the new cap (think of the publicity!) Needless to say, he told me to f**k off.

Laslo wrote:
    I remember asking my dentist to do my root canal for free. I told him he could engrave his corporate logo into the new cap (think of the publicity!) Needless to say, he told me to f**k off.
    ROFL

A lot of proffesional designers would say the same thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Laslo wrote:

That's a good one. :)

• Advertisement

HI

quick question - do u plan to make money from this site?

TNX
    Its a free Radio Station aimed at the gaming community, i dont intend to make money on it by charging listeners- of course if companies wish to advertise on the station they can do so for a small charge

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

is your station on-air at the moment?

well it was up until about 20 minutes ago, since then we've been experiencing some minor technical difficulty..

you mean no licence and the Dept of communications closed you down?
    I was wondering this when I posted my original reply but felt it wasn't relevant to someone who designs your site.
    If Im right, it shows the professional evironment in which you operate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'm guessing from your email address that you are 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

DanOB wrote:
    well it was up until about 20 minutes ago, since then we've been experiencing some minor technical difficulty..

whats the channel/frequency?

it's an online radio station lads

I see that now. Not really radio then, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

kbannon wrote:
    I see that now. Not really radio then, is it?
    Well not if you want to argue with 142 million Google results for 'online radio'...

Well not if you want to argue with 142 million Google results for 'online radio'...
    "online radio" is not a radio in the traditional sense....

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote:
    "online radio" is not a radio in the traditional sense....
    Yes I know, but my point is it shouldn't be a term we are unfamiliar with, considering how long it has been around.

eh...what?

radio = not online
    online radio = online radio

what is odd about the terminology?

eh...what?

radio = not online
    online radio = online radio

what is odd about the terminology?
    Was that directed at me? :confused:

t'was indeed

But I don't find anything odd about the terminology...

I can see if we want to be pedantic about it then online radio is not "radio" in the strictest sense, but I don't understand what the big issue is with calling it online radio, that's what it is known as now. It's broadcasting, in the same format as any radio program, and streamed on the internet.

No big.

Jaysus, what have I started?

Lol, I was just going to say the same thing, lets not go mad fellas! :D

Web Broadcasting/Online Radio

Tomato/Tomato...(you have to read it differently yourselves)

whoever said that from my email address theyre guessing im 15 would be correct, they can also view that in my boards.ie profile

what a pointless post by that individual...

I think we may have gone off topic by now!
    Ph3n0m? MiCr0?

• Advertisement

Indeed. For the record I offered to help the guy out anyway. If anyone wants to take 5 minutes to do a logo, photoshop isn't my strong point, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Advertisement