Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw Polo Problems

Options
  • 15-10-2006 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Can anyone at all help me please as i am losing my reason. I bought a demo vw polo '06 at beginning of sept. Ever since then i have had nothing but problems.
    The first thing was i went in to a spar shop and came back out and car would not start..not a sound/gig out of it (took about 20 go' s to start). The garage where i bought car (down the country) arranged for me to bring it to a garage in dublin for my convenience. I brought it there and they found nothing wrong with it. They re-programmed my 2 keys in case problem was there. It happened again 2 weeks ago as i was driving around dublin port area. The car cut out at traffic lights (not saying it cut itself out i may have done it) either way it would not start and had about 50 angry drivers behind me. Eventually a guard had to come along and it started. So it got sent down to the garage where it was bought for over a week while they provided me with a replacement car.
    They sent it back to me on friday and all was ok till today about 20 mins ago i turned off car to take shopping out of car at my apartment block. Then came back to car to go and park it in space. It would not start. Took about 6 go s to start it again.
    Now am in a position where i have to ring garage in the morning again...hate the thought...anyone know what the problem could be ? Or if not anyone know what my consumer rights are at this stage?
    Please help !!!!!! I want a full refund and nothing more to do with it (car)
    can't fault garage but at the same time all they are syaing is "it did not happen for the week we had it"....
    Great help!!!

edit: please read this before you type any more posts - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_Lock#Cultural_significance

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What did the mechanic say was wrong with the car and what did they do to fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A lot of the latest VW's are giving electrical problems that the dealers can't fix (just like Renaults:) ) All the dealers can do is put the car on the diagnostics and clear the faults and hope for the best. I know of two Polos, seven Golfs and four Passats giving similar problems, two of the Passats have been handed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carolhyl

hi..they replaced ignition switch and thats all they could do...but problem still there...could it be immobiliser kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The next time it happens call the VW Roadside Assistance. They will tow it to the nearest VW dealer. They should also be able to arrange a replacement car for you (for a limited time) at no charge.

Find out which garage it is going to and call them and tell them the history of the fault. Insist that someone drives the car overnight or untill the fault occours. As there are obviously no faults showing in the fault memory the dealer needs to test it with diagnostic equipment attached. I reckon the immobiliser was a bit of a guess, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

crosstownk wrote:
    The next time it happens call the VW Roadside Assistance. They will tow it to the nearest VW dealer.

If you are around Dublin, try to get it to one of the "Indepenant" VW dealers (Fosters, McAllisters etc.) rather than MSL. MSL Park are getting better, but we've had numerous issues with Pottery Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement