Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!!! Wireless Problem!!

• 15-10-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I need help with my laptop. There's this little icon in the bottom righthand corner that says it's the 'Wireless LAN Connection Indicator'. But there's a red X across it.

The problem is that it won't let me access a wireless connection, and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is there a wireless network in your area that you should be able to connect to? Double clicking the icon should bring up a list of all wireless networks it can detect.

If there is nothing, then obviously you have nothing to connect to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It could also be that there is a switch in software or hardware that turns your wi-fi card on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

what make is the laptop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 miss_english

There is a wireless network that I should be able to connect to. When I click on the icon, nothing happens even when I right click on it.

The laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNoteR4. The wireless worked fine up until broadband was put into the house, and the guy used my laptop for something.

If it's just a switch, can I do it myself or do ya think I'll need to call them out again?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement