Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Student (from the UK)

Options
  • 15-10-2006 7:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Hey I was thinking of moving to Ireland for Uni... primarily because it's a much nicer country ;)

Are the Unis over there any good? I'm looking to do some sort of Computing/Business course and I know there was a 'boom' in the IT market in recent years so are any of the Universities in Ireland good for these kind of courses?

Also, what is the deal over ther money-wise? I heard it was a lot cheaper than here in the UK but is there a catch?

What are some good Unis? Dublin? Cork? Galway?
    What about NITs? (lol)

So many questions!

If someone could add me to their MSN that'd be cool

Go raibh maith agat!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are no college fees in ireland(except fo non eu citizens),
    The cost of living is higher in Dublin then the rest of the country.

The main universities are -

ucd
    ucc
    ucg
    nuim

DIT (not a uni or an IT)

what subject are you interested in studying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Business Information Systems is my 1st choice - after that it's anything involving Computing and/or Business Studies. I'm predicted a BCC in A-Levels, although I'll probably get BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gosimeon

You might want to have a look at this then:

http://qualifax.ie/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=2779

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hey I was thinking of moving to Ireland for Uni... primarily because it's a much nicer country ;)

Are the Unis over there any good? I'm looking to do some sort of Computing/Business course and I know there was a 'boom' in the IT market in recent years so are any of the Universities in Ireland good for these kind of courses?

Also, what is the deal over ther money-wise? I heard it was a lot cheaper than here in the UK but is there a catch?

What are some good Unis? Dublin? Cork? Galway?
    What about NITs? (lol)

So many questions!

If someone could add me to their MSN that'd be cool

Go raibh maith agat!

I moved from England and am now in 3rd year at UCD (University College Dublin) studying business and legal studies. I very much recommend Ireland for study and UCD is perfect for business.....we have a new building called the Quinn building where lectures are held (includes all new facilities and wireless internet!)

Ireland is much more expensive than England (providing you're not coming from London). also, i was not eligible for any grants over here to pay towards my fees, although you can apply and its means tested (i think someone always refers to the site mygrant.ie, Myth is it?) The authorities in England wouldn't provide me with a student loan either so that's another consideration.

It's definitely something i would recommend to anyone coming over from the UK!

PM me if you have anything to ask!?

Advertisement