Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best insurance for a dog

Options
  • 15-10-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi ive 8mth old boxer/alasation cross, just wondering what people on this boards experience with insurance is. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

AFAIK there is only one possibility in Ireland and that's Allianz (www.allianzdirect.ie). We've got our cats insured with them and have made two claims, both of which were paid out with no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

oh thanks i think i seen one on the country side alliance site as well. Not to sure who the insurer is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

We´re also with allianz - have just finalised "the deal". One can only tell how good they are in case of trouble and I am glad that our dig didn´t cause any (so far!! :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

I have 4 dogs insured with allianz for the past 8yrs and glad I did,1 of my dogs had a stroke and a MRI scan was 900 euro another dog had an eye removed
    and the total cost was over 1000 you pay the access of 50 and 60 if the dog is over 10yrs I will be getting cattaracts removed on 1 of my dogs at a cost of 1600 per eye and as the dog is over 10 I will pay a third of the cost.It costs me
    600euro per year for insurance but worth every penny.They get their teeth scaled every so often at a cost of 160 per dog so my advise is get your dog insured you will never regret it.They cover theft loss and death also kennels if you have to go to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Mine is 27 euro for 3 mutts per month
    Nothing is it for the peace of mind of not having to worry about ever spending more than the excess of €60 at the vets.
    Well worth it but yes Allianz is the only one.

You get a discount for having your dog microchipped and neutered and also a discount for 3 or more pets so it's a steal as far as I am concerned !

Go for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement