Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Jacket

• 15-10-2006 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Need to buy a nice stylish jacket for the winter months. I have a navy suit and it has to go with that so It cant be black... unless I find a really really nice black jacket, in which case, I will have to buy a new suit! Any ideas where to look ? Any ideas what to look for ? Usually when I buy clothes, I have a really good idea of what I want. I cant think of anything though.

Ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Tusky wrote:
    Need to buy a nice stylish jacket for the winter months. I have a navy suit and it has to go with that so It cant be black... unless I find a really really nice black jacket, in which case, I will have to buy a new suit! Any ideas where to look ? Any ideas what to look for ? Usually when I buy clothes, I have a really good idea of what I want. I cant think of anything though.

Ideas much appreciated.
    First things first, are you male or female? Secondly you have only one suit:eek: So you wear the same thing to work every day of the week? When do you clean it? Thirdly, if you are a bloke then the mens department in Next generally have nice work formal type coats / jackets for the winter, as do the mens dept inZara. If you want to spend more money then look in BT2s. If on the other hand you are female then I'm even more shocked at you having one suit for work. But thats beside the point. The womens departments in all of the above shops also have nice coats for the winter that aren't too expensive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

kizzyr wrote:
    First things first, are you male or female? Secondly you have only one suit:eek: So you wear the same thing to work every day of the week? When do you clean it? Thirdly, if you are a bloke then the mens department in Next generally have nice work formal type coats / jackets for the winter, as do the mens dept inZara. If you want to spend more money then look in BT2s. If on the other hand you are female then I'm even more shocked at you having one suit for work. But thats beside the point. The womens departments in all of the above shops also have nice coats for the winter that aren't too expensive. :)

Im male. Yup, I only have one suit. I only recently started working in a job that required a suit so im not used to having to wear one every day. Money isnt really an issue once is not crazy mad expensive. Id be happy to spend a few hundred euro on it. I was thinking BT2 but thought they might fall into the crazy price range category ? Would you get one for 2-300 there or would they be more expensive ?

If anyone could post some pictures as a guide it would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I think you mabe able to get something in brown thomas for under 400. I got a Paul Smith 'padded' winter jacket for 125euro! Guy i know from another forum bought it and sent it over, from a sale, did it for cost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Full length wool coat. You just know you're cool when you put it on.

Tusky wrote:
    Im male. Yup, I only have one suit. I only recently started working in a job that required a suit so im not used to having to wear one every day. Money isnt really an issue once is not crazy mad expensive. Id be happy to spend a few hundred euro on it. I was thinking BT2 but thought they might fall into the crazy price range category ? Would you get one for 2-300 there or would they be more expensive ?

If anyone could post some pictures as a guide it would be much appreciated.
    I hope you have more than one shirt though:D Still one pair of trousers all week.........not nice. Buy at least one more suit or trousers and wear a shirt and jumper then as an alternative. My boyfriend changed jobs recently enough and was thrust into the world of suit wearing but even he managed to splash out on more than one. Anyway for that budget you should be able to get a nice one for € 300 that will last over a few winters. Sorry if I insulted you with the one suit questions:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Totally agree. Nice scarf with it and you'll look the business.
    magpie wrote:
    Crombie

And the Crombie even featured in the Snapper;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Nice smart / work style coats/jackets in Next at the moment.
    Pick up a nice one meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

nuff said ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Predictable enough, but I would check Louis' before I stumped up for anything...

Advertisement