Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is my clutch on the way out????

Options
  • 15-10-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Driving home today, I slowed down and the car chugged a lot sooner than it should have.

Also I booted it in 2nd gear and only got as far as 2500 RPM for about 500m and then it started to accelerate again.

Is it the clutch????

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've had that before. Disappeared totally after a few days. probably dirty petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Thought it might have been fuel but I've just put fuel additive/cleaner stuff in it about 600/800 miles ago.

Is there any way to physically get to the grime build up and scoop it out without pushing it through the engine Mr. Muscle style.

It's a Corsa B 97-00 with the 1.0 EcoTec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

if it keeps doing it you should get a new set of plugs and a fuel and air filter fitted. if its a vw seat or skoda you could probably do with a set of plug-leads as well ! just saw its a corsa. they have a problem with the airflow sensor so it would be worthwhile getting it checked out if you've got a mechanic you can trust.

Advertisement