Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Remote Recording - Vodafone Nokia N70

• 15-10-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I downloaded the Sky by Mobile application onto my Nokia N70, but when I try to connect after entering my details, I get the message "Sky by mobile: server not found" - can anyone else connect to the service? - I assume it's a Sky error? After this message it continues to say "connecting to server..." but obviously doesn't connect...

Also, I recently upgraded from a Motorola E770v, on which I used to get full 3G coverage at home (near Dublin city centre), but on my new Nokia N70, I get no 3G signal. The phone is set to Dual-mode, so it should be picking it up? Is this to do with the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

Hi Linku,

Did you ever get this sorted. I've just installed it and can't get passed "server not found" too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

as far as i know it dosnt work in the republic

Actually got it to work yesterday. I think this error message is just a vague message that covers lots of different problems. In my case I hadnt entered my password (case sensitive) properly. Got the homepage. Registered on Interactive on the Sky box and tested. I sucessfully recorded a program sent from my mobile to the Sky+ box. So it definitely does work in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya my appologies, during the ireland match on tv3 I seen it advertised during the break and would be very suprised if it was being advertised and not working

its due to the fact im with 3 and they have a walled garden that I can't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

where did you download the application from?
    I already have an account with sky.com but can't find a download link anywhere on their site.
    :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

When you login to Sky.com click on My Sky. In current Sky Services add Sky Anytime on mobile. This will send you a txt to your mobile with the link to download the app. The link for your info is http://mobile.sky.com/skyapp/skyapp.asp.

Make sure that you have your settings correct on your mobile or it wont install. I had to allow all downloads (not signed) to be able to isntall it. Once you install the app just login. This will allow you to see the Sky planner.

Now to be able to remote record you need to also sign up on Interactive. Press Interactive button on Sky remote, press select button on the first option, go to a-z and select remote record. Follow on screen instructions. Once you have done this you should be good to go. Word of warning though I found it a little difficult to register on Interactive. I kept getting errors. Sometimes error 111 and sometimes error 107. Just keep trying it, it will eventually work.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement