Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend replacement show for someone with John Peel withdrawal.

Options
  • 15-10-2006 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

It's coming up to the 2nd anniversary of the death of John Peel and as I spent the w/e doing some spring cleaning on my mp3 player I've just realised that I've pretty much lost all touch with the world of new music in the last 24 months. :(

So yeah I know it's pretty much an impossible request but I'm looking for a show with a DJ who is in control and innovative and ecclectic without being so just for the sake of it.

Is there any other Peel fans out there who have found other good shows to listen to in the time since?

Basically I'm a John Peel fan looking for a replacement show as best as such a thing can exist. Any recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

When I can I listen to the NYUB podcast (http://notyourusualbollocks.squarespace.com/), it's an hour-long show once a month with a good mix of styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Get me a studio and a broadcasting license and I'm your man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

... or tune into Phantom 105.2, Dublin from October 31st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm going to assume you already listen or listened to Steve Lamacq, who was more or less Peel's understudy...unfortunately his show has been pruned recently and it doesn't span the genres as much as the way Peel's did...but it's as close as I've heard and airs at a similar time.

Advertisement