Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 6111 just poured beer on it!

• 15-10-2006 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Ok this is extremely stupid - i was pouring out a beer and i missed the glass and poured it on the phone instead - right onto the keys!

is there anythin i can do to save it. the numbers are pressing themselves and its sticking when i try to turn it off.

just bought it 8 weeks ago and didnt bother with insurance. it was an upgrade as i spent an absolute fortune on my phone bills so i paid a lot less than its worth so said to hell with insurance what can happen!!

I dunno how to open it, its a weird one not like my 6230. is it for the bin??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

which beer did you spill on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

LOL come on i am clumsy but i draw the line there - does it matter :D

twas heinken for the record and only my first one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Trinity1 wrote:
    LOL come on i am clumsy but i draw the line there - does it matter :D

twas heinken for the record and only my first one!

well it's a pity it wan't carlsberg...... :D

but seeing as it was heineken you could just try leaving in a warm dry place overnight.

oh yea you could try taking out the battery and removing the covers too

ah thanks. i shall stick it under my pillow

but i dunno how to remove the covers. not to worry!

its going crazy now as we speak.:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll sel you mine if you want, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you can open the sim door, if you slide up the phone, it's behind the display

to remove the rear cover, flip open the flap where you stick the charger in, press the red button and pick off the back cover.

check your manual

Tree wrote:
    you can open the sim door, if you slide up the phone, it's behind the display

to remove the rear cover, flip open the flap where you stick the charger in, press the red button and pick off the back cover.

check your manual

No i have done that its the front cover i would need to open to access thekeys that got wet. Thanks though!

Agent smith - no thanks its a terrible phone - needs to be charged everyday. battery life is shocking!! I am a big user so its just not right for me. i miss my 6230!

I was jsut thinking of selling it at the exact minute i poured the f**king drink on it. Murphys law eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

(keep it turned off for at least 2 days)
    first hairdryer it for ten minutes, then put it in a jar with (uncooked) rice in a warm place, as this will soak up the moisture as it evaporates. Then spray or flood it inside and out with isopropyl alcohol (buy it in Maplin or a chemist), or put the whole thing in isopropyl alcohol if you have enough.then hairdryer it again (not too hot or it will explode). I've rescued phones, graphics cards and remote controls like this many a time. If you keep it on electrolytes will form and **** up your keys, so make sure you turn it off before you clean it.

(keep it turned off for at least 2 days)
    first hairdryer it for ten minutes, then put it in a jar with (uncooked) rice in a warm place, as this will soak up the moisture as it evaporates. Then spray or flood it inside and out with isopropyl alcohol (buy it in Maplin or a chemist), or put the whole thing in isopropyl alcohol if you have enough.then hairdryer it again (not too hot or it will explode). I've rescued phones, graphics cards and remote controls like this many a time. If you keep it on electrolytes will form and **** up your keys, so make sure you turn it off before you clean it.

Wow! thats some handy tip thank you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Trinity1 wrote:
    Wow! thats some handy tip thank you!!

Well as the connoisseur of dodgy watercooling setups exploding all over my graphics cards, going out in the rain without a raincoat with expensive electronics and having a cat pee on my first mobile phone, I ought to know by now! ;)

Do try the isopropyl alcohol thing, it's worth it if you want to keep that phone of yours working, and you should be able to source some within two days depending on where you lilve (try a few pharmacies and don't get ripped off with a tiny bottle) - if you aren't thorough, sometimes these things seem to be fixed, and then stop working sometime later.

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    Do you miss your 6230 enough to fork out. I've a refurbed one with new silver cover, unlocked, a couple of good batteries, latest 5.5 firmware .. oh I could go on ....etc....... that's if you manage to accidently set your own on fire.:D :D

i've still got my 6230 but the 3 key is stuck hence the upgrade. whats refurbed mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

yapyap wrote:
    Do you miss your 6230 enough to fork out. I've a refurbed one with new silver cover, unlocked, a couple of good batteries, latest 5.5 firmware .. oh I could go on ....etc....... that's if you manage to accidently set your own on fire.:D :D

Keep the selling to adverts.ie guys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Trinity1 wrote:
    Agent smith - no thanks its a terrible phone - needs to be charged everyday. battery life is shocking!! I am a big user so its just not right for me.
    geta software upgrade, ****e running in teh background seems to kill the battery on 6111's w/ the first genreation of firmware

Advertisement