Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know anything about braids?

• 15-10-2006 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

I got my hair braided a few months ago, and they're not looking the best anymore, so I'm thinking of getting them redone. My hair's grown a couple of inches in the front so I'm guessing I'll have to get them taken out and get them redone from scratch.

Should i take them out myself or get it done in the shop?
    Should I wait awhile between taking them out and getting it redone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Anyone have any advive where I should get them done again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

/blank stare

sorry, I got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got my hair braided a few months ago, and they're not looking the best anymore, so I'm thinking of getting them redone. My hair's grown a couple of inches in the front so I'm guessing I'll have to get them taken out and get them redone from scratch.

Should i take them out myself or get it done in the shop?
    Should I wait awhile between taking them out and getting it redone?

What kind of braids are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If you leave them in you'll end up with dreads. I had braids (extensions) for about four months and it took my flatmate hours to comb the knots out when I got rid of them. As to whether you want to take them out yourself or pay someone to inflict pain on you, well that's your choice!

orla wrote:
    What kind of braids are they?

Kinda like corn rows I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Take them out yourself, its an easy enough job just takes a bit of time.

Don't get them done again straight away, leave it about a month or so. Your hair will feel horrible for a week or so after taking them out.

Get a good conditioner treatment.

orla wrote:
    Take them out yourself, its an easy enough job just takes a bit of time.

Don't get them done again straight away, leave it about a month or so. Your hair will feel horrible for a week or so after taking them out.

Get a good conditioner treatment.

Why leave them for a month? Will I not have ridiculously curly hair? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had cornrows about 4 years ago, it's ok to take them out yourself, just when you do, your hair will come out in clumps, don't worry this is perfectly normal, you lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day, when your hair is braided they have nowhere to go and so become trappedin your braid even though the root may not be in your scalp any more. When you take out your braids, brush/comb through your hair a few times to get out all the dead hairs. Also your hair will probably be very greasy and dandruffy too, so a good washing is in order.

If you want your hair braided again, wait a month or so after taking out the old braids, so your hair has time to recover and regain some balance.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement