Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do customs know the price of your item?

• 16-10-2006 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. Just question probaly, and it probaly should be in another section but i cant find a suitable one. :confused:

How do customs know the price of your goods? was going to order a top from yanksville and was wondering about taxes etc, checked the revenue site and it a % of the price obviously, but how do they know how much you paid for it? Is it written on the outside of the package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

before the item can be posted, the USPS/or any courier requests that the sender states the price of the contents on the outside of the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ah good man cremo, cheers.

Mods you can delete this thread now if yous want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If you are serious about buying clobber off American sites, bet a PO Box. And no, you can't have mine I got rid of it a few years back before I ran out of space for clothes. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Is it written on the outside of the package?

Not so much wirtten on the outside of the package but contained on the commercial invoice, which must be supplied to the importing customs, not necessarily with the package.

http://www.fedex.com/ag/tools/invoice.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bateman wrote:
    If you are serious about buying clobber off American sites, bet a PO Box. And no, you can't have mine I got rid of it a few years back before I ran out of space for clothes. :mad:

What will this do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bluetonic wrote:
    Not so much wirtten on the outside of the package but contained on the commercial invoice, which must be supplied to the importing customs, not necessarily with the package.

http://www.fedex.com/ag/tools/invoice.html

Is it just the price of the items you bought put on the invoice? Or do they put the price of shipping aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Should be the contents of the package thats on the invoice.

Advertisement