Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlimited data + what pda or fone.

• 16-10-2006 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi i got the vodafone unlimited data bundle. i want to buy a pda, or a smart fone, eg e61 , to receive my pop3 mail and do some browsing while out and about, as i dont want to have to bring the laptop with me everywhere i go...

can you Recommend a device that will do this? whats the best.?

can you browse the vodafone live menu while using a unlimited data sim in a fone? and do you get charged?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

dont have a e61 myself, but have heard its a class device, savage browser, blackberry, microsoft push email,wifi its also has 3g for highish speeds.
    On the pda side of things i would recommend the htc tytn

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=138056

i have the predecessor which is o2 xda minis , its the best thing i bought so far, excellent browser,windows mobile 5, great email,wifi, touch screen makes browsing a breeze, the htc tytn adds better camera,fast processor,has 3g and hspda(1.8mb/sec) so this would be faster than the e61 if you have hspda enabled on your account.
    if your looking for a phone orientated device i would get the e61.

you cant browse vodafone live! with unlimited data as it uses a different internet access point, isp.vodafone.ie as oppose to live.vodafone.com.

damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

wow the htc is pricey.

the e61 supports 3g so speeds should be ok..

can you browse a full site on the e61 like on a pc? eg www.cnn.com

or do you have to use the mobile version of the site?

also do vodafone disconnect users who use their unlimited data sim in a fone or pda?

also does the e61 support pop3 mail?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

it tis, id say wouldnt go wrong with the e61.
    you can browse full web pages, its a bit long winded with small screen, but does a pretty good job of it, its based on the apple safari browser so its pretty good!!

with e61, you will get 384mb/sec cos its not hspda enabled, but thats fast enough.

not sure with vodafone disconnecting when using sim in a phone, but you wont be able to make phone calls etc with the unlimited sim..as we can see for ns06 experience..anythings possible!

yes, the e61 supports pop3 email.

damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I own an E61 and I used the HTC TyTN and tbh I prefer the E61 as its a phone first and foremost and a PDA secondly and I use the E61 mostly for a phone. I setup vodafone office mail which is great for getting email when your out of the office and if you have exchange it syncs your calendar too.

The HTC device can do all that too but if you intend to use the device as a phone mainly I would go with the E61.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

isnt the e61 a bit big to use as a primary fone?
    how much bigger is it than the n70?

also would the n73 be better than the e61??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well its not that big once you get used to it.
    Size of handset:
    N70:108.8 x 53.0 x 21.8 mm, 95.9 cc
    E61:117.0 x 69.7 x 14.0 mm, 108 cc
    Size of Screen:
    N70:176 x 208 pixels, 35 x 41 mm
    E61:320 x 240 pixels, 58 x 45 mm

Its a trade off really between having the full keyboard and a large screen and a phone thats a small bit bigger. The E60 or E70 have the same functions without the larger screen or keyboard so are a smaller. The E50 doesn't have wifi or 3G so probably doesn't interest you.

Advertisement