Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Puncture repairs?

Options
  • 16-10-2006 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got a remanufactured tyre a month or two ago, theres a slow puncture in it I think. The pressure will last 3 or 4 days before being noticably soft. Having never had a puncture before I am asking , does anyone know of a place city centre/ northside that does repairs? How long would it usually take to repair, and how much would I be talking roughly?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Any garage or tyre centre will fix punctures, its amazing how many people ask this question :)

Assuming your tyre is tubeless and they have a few minutes, they could do it for you then and there. If its a foreign object, they'll remove it and insert whats called a plug. It's a thin strip of sticky lace type stuff. Put if its a slow puncture they might need to replace your valve or valve head. Either are very standard jobs and don't take very long.

I work next door to a garage and they do puncture repairs for €8. I'm in celbridge though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

I work next door to a garage and they do puncture repairs for €8. I'm in celbridge though.

Has it gone up that much ? And the tone of your post indicates that's a low price. More for convenience than anything else, I've fixed the last few myself without removing wheel from vehicle.
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Just one more question. The tyre is on an alloy. Will they remove it and put it back on the alloy or can they do it without removing the tyre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

In regards to the price, there's three tyre places here in celbridge to my knowledge and they all charge ten euro for puncture repair.

If the puncture is clearly visable, ie a nail in your tyre they won't even take the wheel off your car, but they will remove the wheel and tyre and replace them for you if need be. It's included in the cost (anywhere ive been anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I was just about to ask the same question, however, I need a garage that is open late mid week. Have a slow puncture in one of my tyre but I work in the city centre, dont drive to work and its usually around 6.30 when I get home.

Anyone know of a garage on the southside that do puncture repairs in the evenings?

Tox

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wasn't aware that you could still get remoulds!

Advertisement