Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicator problems

Options
  • 16-10-2006 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've noticed everytime I'm driving my car and I indicate to turn (right or left) the indicator comes off by itself. This happens usually before I even make the turn.. Have any of you had this experience? Do any of you know if there is something I can tighten or do I need and new one? The car is fairly new.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What sort of a car is it? Make/model & year.

Some newer cars have an 'lane change' function. If you press the indicator stalk half way in one direction the indicators will only flash 3 times. If you press the stalk the full way then the indicator will stay on until you complete the turn and will cancel as the steering wheel cancels it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

its a Peugeot 206, '02...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

hallelujah wrote:
    its a Peugeot 206, '02...

Its a regular peugeot problem.
    was happening to my 306 took off the stalk and gave it a spray of WD40 gave it a wiggle around while off and its good since but the problem is that the stalk is worn and will need replacing eventually IMO.

mmm, how much would it take for a new one?

hallelujah wrote:
    mmm, how much would it take for a new one?
    #

I really wouldnt know. looked on ebay but didnt find any for 206.

they come off very easy once you have the correct tool
    Its a small hex type like the ones used in moble fones. its like an allen key but more jaggedy. found in and tool/ hardware/diy shop

This might help
    its old but same procedure. from page 181
    http://helpmemotor.com/Documents/HaynesPeugeot205ServiceAndRepairManual.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Sounds like a Torx fitting - just so you don't sound like a dildo if you go into a hardware looking for one!;)

Cheers all, might call into a garage and get them to look at it.

Rang a garage. The man said it looks like a new switch is needed at the tune of €300. eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This was a problem on 307s too, but when I had one it was replaced for free (presumably under warranty).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

hallelujah wrote:
    Rang a garage. The man said it looks like a new switch is needed at the tune of €300. eek!

for that amount of money I'd either stop making right turns or get in the habit of holding it! :)

• Advertisement

ring around some scrap yards and you will get one that will have one.

guy here selling parts. http://buyandsell.ie/browse.php?quicksearch=206&textopt=all&m=12&s=36&g=00714&

TBH it would be cheaper to buy a haynes manual, a top of the range tool set and take a fri evening off work to do the JOB yourself.

mmmmm but just thought of something you may have to remove the steering wheel to get it off! and this is why it is so expensive. I did it myself with a 306 airbag attached without it blowing up in my face.

Advertisement