Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard - Have They Still Got It?

• 16-10-2006 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Def Leppard performing on the Ellen show in the US (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCxSyKUtsIo) MY QUESTION is have they still got it, I think after 23 years they're still on the ball with this classic rendition of 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

I do miss Steve Clark though, RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I used to listen to Def Leppard a lot when I was younger but then they released that atrocity of a single " Make Love Like A Man"

I was like OY, Joe NO.

Had no interest after that till someone dragged me to see them the last time they played in the Ambassador. I have to say I was quite impressed, they played a lot of old stuff and it was a great gig.

I would definately go see them live again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Nea wrote:
    I would definately go see them live again.

Same here. I saw them in the Olympia about 7 years ago and was blown away. I never thought that Joe would be able to reproduce that vocal range in a live scenario but he actually sounded better. I'd love to see them live again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Im not the biggest fan but I thought theyed still be able to play maybe somewhere like the Point as opposed to the Olympia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Saw them live in 2003, the last time they were here. Can't say I like the polished pop sound they have on their records but live they were much more rockin' and edgier. That's about as far as I'd go.

That video link is frightening... playing to old ladies and soccer moms now... eugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

I never thought I'd see a thread about Def Leppard here. Most of my friends don't know who they are and those that do think they're awful.

Have they still got it? Any of their recent stuff I've heard wasn't great. Still really enjoy the old stuff though. I'd love to see them live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

decent live version, Joe Elliot is a bit of an enigma, used to think his vocals were awful years ago, but somewhere he went and sorted himself out......

they are supposed to be touring Europe next March/April, if they play here I'll def go as I usually managed to miss them through mishaps over the years, some great stuff on the first few albums.....

would have really loved to have gotten to see the tour they are currently doing with Journey in the States, but I'm going to miss them by a month......it's one of the summers biggest and best selling tours (which was a big surprise)........for anyone interested Journey are also back in Europe next March - would have made more sense for them to keep the tour going together over here.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw them on thier Hysteria warm-up tour in Waterford or rather Kate Reillys Kitchen on the Tramore road July 1987! However da Lepps playing on daytime telly is just the pits!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Sure....I think they've got it
    I love them Live, they are just amazing when it comes to live shows. saw them 7 times :D
    however in regards to their albums....well the worst album by far is "X" it's just too popy..I dont know what the idea behind it but it didnt work and they know it now (Thank GOD!)
    sure they do have some silly songs (make love like a man,..) its as funny to me as seeing 30,000 people in a Manowar concert shouting for 4 guys in lion cloths for their "True Metal" songs and so on!

I think they do a great what one might call a "Dark song" like:

Paper Sun - from Euphoria 1999
    Deliver Me + Pearl of Euphoria - from Slang 1996
    Desert Song + Ring Of Fire - From Retro Active 1993
    Gods Of War + Women from Hysteria 1987
    Billy's got a gun - from Pyromaina 1983
    Wasted - On Through The Night 1980

No one can knock BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK !

[Yeah! - 2006] is pretty good, listen to their cover version of "Rock On","HellRaizor", "Hanging On The Telephone", "Dont Believe A Word" and "Waterloo Sunset". its very good indeed.

Their next Album as they said will be more of a Rock album than a pop one! so could you see them return to the roots of Pyromaina?

Note:
    Hysteria Special Delux Edition is out now[2Cds, remixed and with rare live tracks]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Suff wrote:
    Note:
    Hysteria Special Delux Edition is out now[2Cds, remixed and with rare live tracks]

Got this yesterday, its pretty good, but youve got to be a hardcore fan as it offers nothing new and just a couple of B-Sides and live versions that were originally released on one of the 7 singles

Advertisement