Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canteen Outsourcing

• 16-10-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

what do you think about the outsourcing plans? Personally I like the way things are now, however the coffee is horribly overpriced, I mean come on, €1.50 for a sub-standard cup of coffee?

However the Students Union is open for ideas for what to do with Gerry's Diner, I for one want a Hooters, what about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

They're getting rid of Gerry's?
    SUBWAY!!!!!!!!!

I too am not exactly happy about the price and general state of coffee in the canteens, but I still wouldn't change anything else about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey Tasha.
    Second on Subway!!
    Also: we need more freshly-cooked veggies. VEGGIES!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Its about time they done something with the food. They cant even make decent rolls. Its a joke the fact you have to leave the college to get a decent roll. there should be a proper deli in the college.

the rolls they make are manky, they use them big rolls and they`re always hard and rough instead of using the softer ones you get in any deli. The tomato does be green, the lettice brown and manky, and the chicken is manky too. What is with them that they cant cut the chicken into reasonably small bits, they cut it into about 4 massive bits that you nearly cant get your mouth around. They then cover the fookin thing in coleslaw.

Plus the ham + turkey slices arent very nice either.

Anyone else agree here? I go to the londis down the road and get a nice roll with nice fresh stuff instead of half dead looking tomatoes and lettice. Basically all you can get on your roll is the meat like ham or turkey,,, and no extras because the extras are manky. Its a fookin joke that they cant get the rolls right whatever about the dinners. Dont start me on the horrible looking "yellow" chips. Hopefully the new restrauant yoke will have a proper deli that you can actually eat from.

Where the best local shop for a roll your opinions? I reckon the Londis,,, the avenue road shop charges mad prices for HALF a roll!

Does the malthouse still fdo the basket of chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I agree with nuttzy the standard of the food services is very poor and if outsourcing will create and better more efficent service then i'm all for it, if the current employees lose there job then its no loss cos most of them dont even seem half interested in there jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

I for one am glad Gerrys is leaving.. the staff in that place were DIRE.. I fought to pay them after the way they speak to you.

Coffee Dock and Well ladies treated you well, but as everyone else says, coffee is ridiculously overpriced.

On another note, does anyone else find the SU useless this year? They don't seem to be doing much on things like this Traffic Management Plan, when we'll all have to fork out a bomb next semester to park at college! It'll work out at least an extra hundred or so a semester for a 7ft space; what a privledge!

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get a bike! :D

Hmm... I like the curry chip & cheese rolls you can get down at Mace (College Heights). €2.70 for a massive-calorie-orgy of a sandwich ;)
    Never bought sandwiches in college though -- I just distrust all sandwiches not made by *me*, if you know what I mean.

Advertisement