Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where is the best place to sell a car privately?

Options
  • 16-10-2006 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

I'm selling my wifes 2003 Peugeot 307. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where the best place to put a 'for sale' ad.

I know obvious choice would seem to be CBG or Carzone, but would a more expensive ad in one of the newspapers be more effective?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,927 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Buy and Sell will probably get you the most phone calls - a lot of them will be timewasters, but you will sell it eventually if you remember to keep renewing the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

buy and sell.... I doubt it, best place to advertise a car is on carzone, with good images! I've sold a few cars with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya, Carzone would be the best choice...4 good external pics & 2 internal ones should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stick it on http://www.adverts.ie also. It is free, it's a sister site to this forum so there are alot of people from here viewing it.

A few tips:

Make sure the car is well cleaned when taking photos. - A dirty car gives the impression that the owner doesn't care.

When taking photos make sure the quality is good, it is a bright day with a cheerful backgroud i.e. not parked next to a shabby shed.

Put as much details as possible in the advertisement about the car. Things like the standard equipement it has, mileage, service history, etc.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Thanks for all the tips guys. Carzone & www.adverts.ie with good photo's of a clean car it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Victor_M wrote:
    I'm selling my wifes 2003 Peugeot 307. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where the best place to put a 'for sale' ad.

I know obvious choice would seem to be CBG or Carzone, but would a more expensive ad in one of the newspapers be more effective?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

giv u €50 for it:D mite get a few parts off it:rolleyes:

Auto Trader,Car Byers guide,side of the road etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Victor_M wrote:
    I'm selling my wifes 2003 Peugeot 307.

Does she know?

;)

Advertisement