Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 to create 200 jobs with new stores

• 16-10-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Just released:::::

Phone group 3 to create 200 jobs with new stores

Monday, 16th October, 2006

Mobile service provider 3 is to create over 200 jobs with the opening of up to 28 stores in Ireland by the end of next year, it has been announced.

The 3 stores will open in prime retail locations in shopping centres and high streets, with a total investment of between €10 million and €15 million the company said.

The stores will include 'play pods' and entertainment bays as well as what 3 termed 'chill-out' areas for customers to use 3 products and services.

Managing director of 3 Robert Finnegan said: "We're delighted to bring the first mobile media stores to Ireland. By 2007 we will have up to twenty eight 3Stores up and down the country, investing millions of euros in the market and creating over two hundred new jobs."

"As Irish consumers look for more sophisticated mobile services like music on the move and football highlights, 3 is the first to meet that demand on the high street.

"With consumers here spending more on their mobile than any other country in the EU - our stores are specifically designed for this mobile-savvy market."

Eight stores will open before the end of this year, 3 said.

::::::::::::::: Sounds like the UK ones , they are quite nice and you can test all the phones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

eight stores before year end
    hmm let me guess
    3 in dublin
    2 in cork
    1 in limerick
    1 in galway
    1 in waterford

though could be 4 in dublin and 1 in cork

anyway im getting a bit annoyed with 3 recently (whats happening to me is what happened to commander vimes a while back)
    ya their fairly cheap but the fact that they dont carry on minutes and theres so many mistakes on their website and the customer care can be so uselss at times is starting to get to me
    hopefully they'll get better but im considering when my 12 months are up switching to vodafone bill pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hi 1Huge1 sorry to hear your having problems too, when 3 came into the Irish market both of us were really excited about the 3 product . I was the first one to have problems and now it seems alot of people are also. Its a shame as they do have a good product and the 3G service is good. Just the customer service and accuracy of the website and billing that makes me mad.
    They dont seem to care though and the theres the unlock problems !!!

The only good thing is that the stores will have 3 personel in them that you can talk to face to face about any problems .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Oh joy ... if you're currently a litter warden in Dublin and you're looking for a greater challenege ... grab a job in one of the new 3 stores! It'll be a nightmare to staff, 3 will no longer be able to act the asshole :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    anyway im getting a bit annoyed with 3 recently (whats happening to me is what happened to commander vimes a while back)
    its not quite over 1huge1. i don't have an unlocked phone in my hand. they can fook it up yet
    1huge1 wrote:
    hopefully they'll get better but im considering when my 12 months are up switching to vodafone bill pay
    don't go to vodafone unless you really really want video calling. they're a rip off. take a look at www.callcosts.ie and see what would be best for yourself. meteor customer care can be just as bad as 3's but are much cheaper than the rest. o2 are quite good at customere care and have mid range pricing
    Dellas wrote:
    Hi 1Huge1 sorry to hear your having problems too, when 3 came into the Irish market both of us were really excited about the 3 product .
    me too. i used to sell them until january and i convinced so many people that they were good because i was a happy customer. little did i know...

its not quite over 1huge1. i don't have an unlocked phone in my hand. they can fook it up yet

don't go to vodafone unless you really really want video calling. they're a rip off. take a look at www.callcosts.ie and see what would be best for yourself. meteor customer care can be just as bad as 3's but are much cheaper than the rest. o2 are quite good at customere care and have mid range pricing

me too. i used to sell them until january and i convinced so many people that they were good because i was a happy customer. little did i know...
    I reckon it's about time we got a thread up "3 - great customer service" and see who's had a positive experience... there must be someone? right? somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Well me and my family have had great experience with 3 (and their customer care). My Dad's 1 year contract was up with them in August. They rang him up to offer him an N70. He wanted them to unlock his 6680 but they said no. Instead, they sent him a 3Pay sim card. I'm using the N70 and the 3Pay card.

When my Mam ported over her number from O2, there was a problem with her name but the scottish guy was really nice to us, despite her being a 3Pay customer.

All in all, I have never needed to call them up after the initial setup call. My whole family enjoy their phone service and we wouldn't change to another operator.

*Just for a different, more positive view, of 3*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd actually love to switch to 3, but until they decide to get off their arse and actually offer something interesting (lifting the restriction on "approved" sites would be a start), O2 for voice + a Vodafone unlimited data card is far better value for money.

Spending millions opening stores isn't going to do it. It's little wonder they have so few customers.

Come on 3, what are ye waiting for? Oh, DRM infested songs for only twice the price of iTunes? Thanks but not thanks. Quit trying to be a "media company", whatever the hell they think that is, and offer me access. I'll be waiting, credit card in hand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Three have always been a media company, thats not going to change anytime soon I'm afraid,

I'd like to see phone based IM's sometime soon, and unrestricted web site access

For a start they need to bloody use m.google.com as gmail lite never worked and its shutdown now anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

1huge1 wrote:
    eight stores before year end
    hmm let me guess
    3 in dublin
    2 in cork
    1 in limerick
    1 in galway
    1 in waterford

though could be 4 in dublin and 1 in cork

ya their fairly cheap but the fact that they dont carry on minutes and theres so many mistakes on their website and the customer care can be so uselss at times is starting to get to me
    tis one in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Cabaal wrote:
    Three have always been a media company, thats not going to change anytime soon I'm afraid

If they don't change, or at least offer what people like me want in addition to what they are already offering, they might not be around for very much longer. T-Mobile tried being a media company for years, and failed miserable. They've now realised that they are more of an access company, and readjusted their business model accordingly. And teamed up with Google in the process.

ISP's tried to be "media companies" a few years back. Remember how every ISP had its own huge portal, with tons of home grown content? Back in the days of dialup. It wasn't worth it, and most readjusted their business models and now simply provide access (with the notable exception here being AOL).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya so i was right on my 2nd turn, anyway its like 3 started of really well and i was very happy but its also like they havent done anything since
    i mean nothing
    the content on planet3 is the exact same old stuff (and adding a few father ted wont help)
    but i suppose at the start i said to myself i could get used to not being able to go to other sites but then i tried the internet on my dads Nokia E61 on vodafone and it was brilliant
    so much were missing out on
    and now my bill seems to be going over every month like
    i was so annoyed when i found out that 3pay was getting the V3x cheaper than the bill pay option like thats the point in paying €25 a month if thats the case

and then just when i though i could save a few euros because it said in the bill pay section of their website that all texts now 4.5c i was thrilled but that happiness was quickly over after a phone call to 3 (and it took ages for the guy to answer)that it was only for 3pay customers
    makes no sense why would it be in the contract section

constant mistakes on their part,
    i dont mean to be shoving all my problems on you guys but recently ive just had enough with them
    and i like commander vimes and dellas started saying to everyone oh join 3 their great and i did get a few to change and all
    boy do i fell like a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In what way exactly are they are rip off? Tried a few different permutations on that site you linked to based on how I use my phone (loads of calls and texts to mobiles at no set time on postpaid) and a rip off is way off.

Anytime, 100 mins, 200 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 41
    O2 - 43
    Three - 34
    Meteor - 37

Anytime, 300 mins, 400 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 83
    O2 - 80
    Three - 69
    Meteor - 83

Anytime, 300 mins, 400 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 125
    O2 - 117
    Three - 114
    Meteor - 133

Anytime, 1000 mins, 600 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 148
    O2 - 160
    Three - 154
    Meteor - 184

Anytime, 1000 mins, 1000 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 200
    O2 - 203
    Three - 190
    Meteor - 216

Anytime, 2000 mins, 600 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 307
    O2 - 351
    Three - 431
    Meteor - 330

Anytime, 2000 mins, 1000 texts, 95% to mobile.

Vodafone - 359
    O2 - 400
    Three - 467
    Meteor - 362

May not be the most scientific way of analysing your statement but the above example clearly shows that you are wrong in general. Three are generally cheaper if you use your phone relatively little but once you start scaling up your usage, things change a fair bit. Am actually surprised that Meteor did not fair better. O2 is not much of a surprise tbh.

As has been said on these forums hundreds of times in the past, you need to analyse your own individual usage habits and factor those into choosing what operator to go with. If you base it completely on costs, then choose the cheapest. If you are concerned about handset ranges, customer service, data sevices, value added services, coverage etc, then factor those into your decision. Regardless of who you choose, making the right decsion can save you a fortune over the space of a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

joerules wrote:
    My Dad's 1 year contract was up with them in August. They rang him up to offer him an N70. He wanted them to unlock his 6680 but they said no. Instead, they sent him a 3Pay sim card.

Did they send him a SIM card with his contract 3 number on it or a new number????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Did they send him a SIM card with his contract 3 number on it or a new number???
    A new number, not his. Hence I'm using it.

May not be the most scientific way of analysing your statement but the above example clearly shows that you are wrong in general. Three are generally cheaper if you use your phone relatively little but once you start scaling up your usage, things change a fair bit. Am actually surprised that Meteor did not fair better. O2 is not much of a surprise tbh.
    yeah vodafone is good for business and very heavy users but not for payg or light users.

anyone who's using 2000 minutes a month shouldn't be on a perfect fit tariff. if you're using that much you should be on a business tariff. you'd save hundreds. o2 has that business one that give you unlimited calls to o2 numbers for €20. i don't know anything about it beyond that so there might be a catch.

basically, if you would go extremely far above any monthly allowance callcosts.ie will be no help to you. get onto the networks and see what they'll offer you

1huge1 wrote:
    the content on planet3 is the exact same old stuff (and adding a few father ted wont help)
    yeah that's just retarded. they market themselves as a media company but they haven't changed the feckin media since the day they launched. when they launched 3pay i saw them advertising the same comedy stuff i saw last august

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I applied for a part time position and didn't get it. Ah well. Perhaps its for the best or i may have met an angry commander vimes:D

neilled wrote:
    I applied for a part time position and didn't get it. Ah well. Perhaps its for the best or i may have met an angry commander vimes:D
    i would have made your life a living hell :D

Where are they advetising these positions neilled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

i would have made your life a living hell :D

That wouldn't be very nice thing to do to a chap who pointed out the small print on 3care package would it? Then again i probably wouldn't be very good at the job, i'd have sympathised with the customers too much!

The jobs were advertised on www.three.ie and on www.irishjobs.ie

• Advertisement

neilled wrote:
    That wouldn't be very nice thing to do to a chap who pointed out the small print on 3care package would it? Then again i probably wouldn't be very good at the job, i'd have sympathised with the customers too much!
    well i would have come in and ranted and you would have said "hey you're commander vimes aren't you? i'm nielled" and i would have stopped shouting at you. you would've sorted me out :)

Advertisement