Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your perfect breakfast?

• 16-10-2006 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

I got up this morning absolutely starving so found my way quite quickly to the kitchen, but there was nothing to eat for my breakfast!! No cereal, no rashers or sausages, no fruit (i think a trip to Tesco is in order!) so i ended up eating a ham sandwich..not very breakfasty at all.

But this got me thinking, what would my perfect breakfast be? Probably something continental...a lot of fresh bread and fruit! I can never stomach a full fry up in the morning, what's your perfect breakfast?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Emma Watson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

A big filthy, dirty, minging breakfast roll covered in beans.

Or a croissant with a glass of orange juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Full fry with no eggs or mushrooms. Consists of:

Rashers
    Sausages
    Black Pudding
    White Pudding
    Hash Browns
    Fried bread
    Beans

With loads of brown sauce and mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Huge bowl of porridge and two slices of toast. Every morning without fail....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

black pudding sandwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,535 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lunch.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Alot of weetabix, with VERY cold milk......in a deep bowl (breakfast OCD here).
    Wholemeal toast.
    Orange Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the best breakfasts I find are the ones you have when school is cancelled. It means you are up at 8 anyway, so you put lots of effort into the brekkie. If this happens to me I go for the massive fry up. sausages, rashers, white pudding and beans. you just can't beat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

chamlis wrote:
    Emma Watson.
    you're being illegal. that girl was born....in....1990!:eek:

my perfect breakfst is one prepared by someone else

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

abelard wrote:
    Alot of weetabix, (breakfast OCD here).
    Wholemeal toast.
    Orange Juice

Or with some fruit compot and yoghurt, or some dates or smoothie poured over it

*Vomit*

Has anyone actually tried that minging looking weetabix week?? Looks disgusting :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

if you find the weetabix week repulsive maybe you should try the OATabix week instead!!!:D

has anyone tried oatabix?its like weetabix....except without the flavour!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

gucci wrote:
    if you find the weetabix week repulsive maybe you should try the OATabix week instead!!!:D

has anyone tried oatabix?its like weetabix....except without the flavour![/QUOTE]

Errr :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

xzanti wrote:
    Has anyone actually tried that minging looking weetabix week?? Looks disgusting :o

No, but those students could do with a good hiding! :p

Perfect breakfast - totally depends on the mood of the morning.

After a big night out - a fry (or breakfast roll from spar if we're being lazy)
    On a cold morning - weetabix with hot milk.
    Any other day - normally just a bowl of cereal (preferably country store) and a glass of orange juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

ferdi wrote:
    you're being illegal. that girl was born....in....1990!:eek:

my perfect breakfst is one prepared by someone else
    ¬_¬
    Not long now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

Scrambled eggs made with mountains of black pepper on toasted wholegrain birdseed toast. Some barely cooked unsliced mushrooms. Served with a big steamy cup of tea, a glass of fruit juice, and if its the weekend, a big mofo of a danish full of those currants that explode when you bite them. Mmmm. (beats the hard bread with gone off cheese I had this morning. Damn you monday mornings on which you forget to bring food with you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Oats, fry-up with eggs, rashers (rashers mind and not bacon), sausages, potatoe wafffles+fried potatoes, mushrooms, Clonakilty black and white, juice mix, wholemeal toast with honey, blueberry yoguerts, bananas, walnuts....basically all the things I enjoy eating in the morning but do not have time to cook.

And perhaps a side-dish, that I would have raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Butchers Sausages, Clonakilty black pudding, Dennys rashers, Soft centered fried egg, Fried potatoes and beans. Served with Toast and Coffee.
    The Biz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

The cafe across the road from my job does scrambled eggs to die for, thinks its the black pepper that gives it its extra yummy taste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Good question.
    Start:
    A fresh warm croissant.
    A mug of tea. (Barry's)

Main:
    Freshly squeezed orange juice.
    Toast. (wholemeal)
    2 rashers, one fried egg (yellow bit runny/white bit cooked properly)
    Yoplait Bramley Apple yogurt.
    A mug of tea. (Barry's)

...and it all washed down with a nice mug of tea. (Barry's)

Preferably the whole thing will be served to me by a series of lingerie models, on a beach in Fiji.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

10 billion dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bleh... I don't know how people can put food in their bodies first thing in the morning.

Oh and the age of consent is 16 in the UK... so Ms Watson would be fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

Coffee and a smoke......what someone told me recently was known as the 'whore's breakfast.' yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Coffee and sushi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Southwestern omlette: 3 eggs blended with a dash of milk, diced ham, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and four cheeses (mozarella, parmesan, romano, and American). Once folded and pan fried, then smothered in salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Will make one of these monsters in about 2 hours for breakfast, anyone hungry for one?

Oh, OJ to drink, unless it's a non- work day, then throw in a little Champaign with the OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Southwestern omlette: 3 eggs blended with a dash of milk, diced ham, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and four cheeses (mozarella, parmesan, romano, and American). Once folded and pan fried, then smothered in salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Will make one of these monsters in about 2 hours for breakfast, anyone hungry for one?

Oh, OJ to drink, unless it's a non- work day, then throw in a little Champaign with the OJ.
    sounds lovely actually, ust try it some day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

My favourite breakfast is the one my Mammy makes on Christmas morning.
    Its just a fry, the entire works really, sausage, egg, rashers, mushrooms, pudding, fried bread, beans, etc. But for some reason it taste a million times better then usual on Christmas morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Probably the large dose of sedatives to stop everyone acting the maggot and let her have a peaceful day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Or there's cocaine in them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Rashers,eggs,batch bread and a cup of tea

:p

Advertisement