Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD audio slows xp boot time

Options
  • 16-10-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

got a asus p5b with a x6800 and 2 satas in a raid0 array

it boots up in about 2 1/2 counts of the blue night rider like start up thing

but when i install the HD audio driver windows xp takes ages to boot up, about 15 counts

when installing the drives, the package installs some M$ HD audio which creats a new device in "sytem devices" called "Microsoft UAA bus driver for high defination audio" using file hdaudiobus.sys

once i disable this device it boots in 2 1/2 counts again

can't find a different rev ( its 5.10.01.5012) to use instead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I presume if the UAA 1.0a driver you have as that is the one that seems to be in circulation (there was an earlier 1.0 version).

What version is the SoundMAX audio driver the latest on Asus own site is v5.10.01.4530

Did you install the Intel chipset drivers ?

Tried clearing the CMOS ?

Is the front audio panel plugged into it ?

{Edit: A little Google searching revealed various issues with SoundMAX drivers & this board it appears there is a beta driver that fixes some of these problems on Asus site but it is tucked away under the P5B Deluxe section it's not listed on the other P5B variants pages, anyway that is what I would try first v5.10.01.4570.}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ya had the same probs with the hd audio, it even messed up my overclocking, i reccomend usind ac97 or buy a x-fi :D

Advertisement