Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register of Electors...Am I on it?

Options
  • 16-10-2006 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I want to know if i'm registered to vote. I received something in the post 2 years ago to register but as i was going to be away when the election took place, i didn't bother filling out the form (regretably). So how do i register??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Most CC's have some way on their official websites of checking whether you're on the register or not, although if you didn't return the form you got 2 years ago, then I doubt if you're on it. If so, get in touch with the Franchise department of your local CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Heres the link for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown.

http://eapps.dlrcoco.ie/ereg/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You can use one my FOUR votes if you like, the register is a complete mess.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

In fairness, there does seem to be a process underway to fix it. I had a nice lady out from the council checking on who's eligible to vote in my household.

Here's hoping once it's tidied up, processes will be put in place to keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

oscarBravo wrote:
    In fairness, there does seem to be a process underway to fix it. I had a nice lady out from the council checking on who's eligible to vote in my household.

Here's hoping once it's tidied up, processes will be put in place to keep it that way.
    Really? thats good to hear oscarBravo, I did try and sort out 2 of my votes before the last election by calling the council and enforming them of the error but I just ended with another vote.

So presently I have 4 Votes at 3 different Polling stations! My local TD's better be nice when they call :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

gandalf wrote:
    Heres the link for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown.

http://eapps.dlrcoco.ie/ereg/

Do you know the one for Fingal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I just turned 18, how do I get put on the register?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I just turned 18, how do I get put on the register?

you should be automatically on it if you havent moved house since you were born but if your worried you can get a form from your local gardai station. fill it out and get them to stamp it and then drop it in at your local county councill. i had to do this when i moved and its a doddle. to be honest though the councills have been going door to door to make sure people are registered in the last few months, usually if they miss you (cause you know the whole having to work for a living thing:D ) they leave a form you can fill in and post off yourself. it might be a good idea to ring your local county councill and see if they just havent got around to you yet. saving you the hassle of doing it yourself.

oh and to irish 1 ive only one thing to say, "vote early, and vote often!":D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ateam wrote:
    Do you know the one for Fingal?

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/ereg/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

South Dublin CC's website says you have to inspect the register in your local Garda station or council office or what have ye.... bleh.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I love the way people goto the trouble of putting people on the register without asking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fingal is currently up dating thiers.

Despite being on it for the last 10 years and telling the people who called to the door 3 months ago none of the details had changed I got a letter stating unless I filled out the attched form and returned it I would be taken off the next issue of the register.

Oh and the fun and games are that the letter needs to be returned in 10 days, it is dated the 06/10/2006 and I got it yesterday the 15/10/2006.

Advertisement