Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you bother/is it right to

• 16-10-2006 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

HI

Met a girl last friday, actually really clicked had great fun with her really easy going smart etc etc

I know she liked me it was obvious even her and my friends were telling me. We were flirting a lot you know lingering hands on legs and what not, I know i could have kissed her but i must be weird cause i really dont like kissing people ive known for a few hours also dont like kissing in public. But i did want to kiss this girl.

well anyway one of her friends gave me her number (didnt actually ask for it) and i was thinking about txting her. Mayb she will think im a bit weird if i do now days later? also i will be leaving the country for work soon after christmas and dont plan on being back for a long time. so is it even worth it i mean if we do hit it off i will have to leave and if we dont hit it off well we all knoww about that!! would you bother with some one if you knew they were leaving soon?

I know it sounds pretty babyish im in my early tweanties her too. im a fairly private person dont like to talk about myself. and obviously im a lad and cant express feelings!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Would it make you happier to txt this girl or just to leave it?

Think of what could happen, all the positives things, if you do txt her. Versus the predictable thing of what will happen if you don't txt her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Give her a buzz. No point in looking back and thinking what if.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Do it. Explain the situation if you haven't already.
    She might decide it's for the best that ye don't do anything. But the not knowing will kill you. That's if you really do like this girl. Don't bother otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

You met the girl once. Stop planning the marriage already. :)

Cross the bridge of you leaving when it comes to it or is this simply an excuse to not text her?

Text her and see. Simple as.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

woodaaa wrote:
    also i will be leaving the country for work soon after christmas and dont plan on being back for a long time. so is it even worth it i mean if we do hit it off i will have to leave and if we dont hit it off well we all knoww about that!!
    Yeah, so that means a good conversation over a meal, or pleasant company for a movie is now impossible.

Both you and her may have your own rules about just what you will do with someone that you aren't going to be able to have a long-term relationship with, but while I generally wouldn't judge people for whatever ideals they held in this regard, I would have to say that ruling out just having a chat over a meal or something like that is pretty weird IMO.
    woodaaa wrote:
    and obviously im a lad and cant express feelings!!!!
    That's a separate issue. It's often cured by a process we call "growing up", but unfortunately not always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 woodaaa

hey

thanks for the kick up the ass!!!

Ive now text her and got a few replies.

I will have to start putting myself out there more. And hey if something happens it happens. i usually would have to know someone very well before id start opening up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hi, was just about to say dont text her imho. if your heading away soon, shes not going to follow you over after a few weeks knowing you, also it could tie both of you down, there is a decent chance you two will hit it off, and then youll be caught in limbo, do i stay do i go, where are the boundaries etc. you say you plan on going for a long time, i just wouldnt build up feeling just to have them taken away on me again so quickly, or actually question going to france, which is obviously what you want or have to do... i usually find it hard to give what i think is a definite response but in this case, i would not text her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What exactly could "tie them both down"?

Most likely either she'll have no interest in dating someone where there's no chances of it becoming serious or they'll just have some fun together.

If they do find the couple of dates brings something deeper for both of them, they can cross that relatively unlikely bridge when they come to it.

Maybe it's just that I'm not feeling well right now or something, but the "problem" here seems to be no more than difficulty in just having a good time and not having everything having to be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Woodaa, so how's it going? Have you arranged to meet her or anything?

take a chance! go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement