Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera 1.4GX

Options
  • 16-10-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

I am going today to this car of 1998 and 69,999 miles NCT Feb 08, New Tyres Recently serviced

so what do u think about this car?? How much it would be?? What should I ask??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mmalaka wrote:
    Friends;

I am going today to this car of 1998 and 69,999 miles NCT Feb 08, New Tyres Recently serviced

so what do u think about this car?? How much it would be?? What should I ask??

The Almera is generall a good reliable car. The 1.4 litre will not set the world alight but it can cruise on motorways quite comfortably and is well put together.

Ask about the service history. On a 1998 car you probably will not find it has a full service history but at least it should have some sort of service history, the current owner should have receipts for any work done. This will also go some way to verify the low mileage. Nissan use timing chains instead of belts which should last the life time of the car so no need to worry there.

When test driving the car make sure there are no unusal noises from the engine or exhaust. Make sure the car changes gear without trouble and there are no fluids leaking from under the bonnet. Check the brakes and steering are ok, also check that all the electrics work ok.

I would pay no more than €1,500 to €1,800 for a 1998 Almera.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

bazz26 wrote:
    I would pay no more than €1,500 to €1,800 for a 1998 Almera.

In Carzone the price of Nissan Almera 1998 is between 2500 - 5000

what do u think??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mmalaka wrote:
    In Carzone the price of Nissan Almera 1998 is between 2500 - 5000

what do u think??

They are "asking" prices. Nobody in their right mind would pay €5k for an almost 9 year old Almera.

Is the car you are looking at a private or dealer sale? Do you have a trade-in or is it a straight cash deal. A straight cash deal will mean you can haggle more off the asking price. There are plenty of Almeras of this age out there so don't be afraid to walk away and look at the next one if the price is too high.

Most prices on carzone, etc are dealer inflated asking prices. Private sellers see these prices and think they can get the same money for their car. Dealers offer a warranty and allow for a trade-in allowance and other overheads when setting their price. At the end of the day even with these factors taken into account they very unlikely sell the car at those prices.

Advertisement