Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High-end car audio

Options
  • 16-10-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone for the installation of high-end car audio? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cartronics in Santry Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

ICE in Ranelagh. I used them a couple of years ago and they did some really innovative stuff. I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Scansounds in Drumcondra, ICE are a good outfit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

Rooske in Dunshaughlin are pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had ICE in Ranelagh fit a Becker radio with sat nav for me - never again! They were slow, incompetent, and rude with it. I'm kind of hoping for someone in South Dublin/city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

A guy who's worked on my car has his own company and does mobile fitting - he's excellent. Fitted an alarm, and rewired my stereo and aerial as well, at no extra cost, in case the dodgy wiring left in place by a previous owner caused any issues.

Work was as tidy as I've ever seen, and I've used one or two of the places mentioned above.

Can PM you details if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are you looking to purchase equiptment or have some already,if so what are you looking for installed and to what car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i know a guy in shankill that can install audio equipment and he also sells it.he is really competitively priced.
    pm me for details

eireal wrote:
    Are you looking to purchase equiptment or have some already,if so what are you looking for installed and to what car?
    Sorry, I should have been more specific from the start. Some time ago, I decided to replace the woeful standard speakers in my 94 C Class Mercedes with something a bit better. I bought & had fitted a set of Rainbow Audio speakers, which are designed for this particular car. I don't think the 4 subwoofers under the rear parcel shelf are properly affixed, as they tend to vibrate at relatively low volume levels. I'd like someone who is well-versed in this area to have a look.

Anan1 wrote:
    Sorry, I should have been more specific from the start. Some time ago, I decided to replace the woeful standard speakers in my 94 C Class Mercedes with something a bit better. I bought & had fitted a set of Rainbow Audio speakers, which are designed for this particular car. I don't think the 4 subwoofers under the rear parcel shelf are properly affixed, as they tend to vibrate at relatively low volume levels. I'd like someone who is well-versed in this area to have a look.

Good choice with the rainbow components!Did you get an amp to go with them?

4subwoofers?are they not just speakers?Subs shouldnt be attached to a rear shelf unless there "free air",if there covered over and your getting a nasty rattle from the shelf,chances are its just a screw or clip,should be well within capabilities to Diy instead of leaving it in somewhere to pay extortionate labour

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    Good choice with the rainbow components!Did you get an amp to go with them?

4subwoofers?are they not just speakers?Subs shouldnt be attached to a rear shelf unless there "free air",if there covered over and your getting a nasty rattle from the shelf,chances are its just a screw or clip,should be well within capabilities to Diy instead of leaving it in somewhere to pay extortionate labour
    They're running off a Becker 7945 head unit - I was told I wouldn't need a separate amp? I thought the four at the back were subs, but now that I think about it maybe two are subs and two are midrange? It's more of a resonance than a rattle, unfortunately.

Techincally you dont need an amp but for the best sound possible from them they should be amp'd,even more so with them being a good set.

Are the rears also aftermarket or manufacturer optional?
    If there attached to your rear shelf with a cover over them and there not being ran from an additional amp i reckon there not subs at all,there's a chance they could be "active" subwoofers but these would normally sit on the rear of the seats in the boot or under a seat.

There's a possibility one is damaged or hopefully its just something loose

The rears are also Rainbow Audio, they are screwed into four speaker receptacles under the rear shelf and are completely invisible from inside the car. In other words, the car was designed for 4 rear speakers but never had them. I'm hoping they're just a bit loose too. Can you think of anyone good I could get to take a look?

Advertisement