Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

v tight tweed skirt

• 16-10-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I've been getting my winter wardrobe together and after a couple of years where I didn't like the shape of skirts in the shops I'm loving them this year. In a move away from trousers I was hoping someone could tell me where I could get a very fitted (tweed or checked skirt in brown/tan/fawn/... colours. I've found a few but when I try them on they are too loose around the bum which defeats the purpose of this very fitted shape. I have a grey one from topshop (attached) if that helps explain what I mean. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I've been getting my winter wardrobe together and after a couple of years where I didn't like the shape of skirts in the shops I'm loving them this year. In a move away from trousers I was hoping someone could tell me where I could get a very fitted (tweed or checked skirt in brown/tan/fawn/... colours. I've found a few but when I try them on they are too loose around the bum which defeats the purpose of this very fitted shape. I have a grey one from topshop (attached) if that helps explain what I mean. Thanks
    I got a really nice green and brown one in Savida in Dunnes a little while ago. I think it cost €45.00 which is not a lot, you could look to see if they still have them. They had them in other colours too. Principals also have skirts similar to the one you posted. I think they look really sexy with a fitted shirt and high heels / boots (but NOT clunky boots)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Thanks kizzyr, smart sexy is exactly the look I was hoping for :-)

I think I know the sadiva one's you're talking about. They are georgous (they had coordinating tank tops as far as I remember?) anyway, lovely as they are, the fit wasn't quite right for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Thanks kizzyr, smart sexy is exactly the look I was hoping for :-)

I think I know the sadiva one's you're talking about. They are georgous (they had coordinating tank tops as far as I remember?) anyway, lovely as they are, the fit wasn't quite right for me.
    Yes they were the ones, it sucks that they didn't work for you. Its weird the way some shops sizes just don't fit right, they may get the ass and hips part right but then the waist is way too big. Bloody annoying. You should check out Principals though, I was in there at the end of last week and they had some nice skirts. Zara have too but their sizes can be a bit funny (well on me at least:) )

Advertisement