Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Home Plus Upload

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Having been unable to avail of Smart's upgrade recently, it seems that the problem is with crappy phone lines; if the line has too much interference on it, the router will sync to the fastest stable speed.

Essentially, if the above is the problem, you'd need a complete new line from your house to the exchange.....

ok... but how come I can get 2048 kbps down?

a measley 128 bits more upload, shouldn't be a problem?

should it?

Anyway, still no change on upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

aob wrote:
    except I've been on a 2048/256 package before with them, and had no problem with my upload speed then
    Do-more wrote:
    Same here, back at the last "free upgrade" price reduction! So I know it's not a line fault....

same here also , i was on the the 3 meg / 384k package up untill august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Anyone send anything to this guy? I'm trying to email names in eircom. This one is bouncing back. Any other names I can send a complaint to?

PS Nice pad http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/property/2006/0803/1154466469435.html

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Having reported my speed problem to Eircom 2/3 days ago my DL speed has gone to 512k today. This is becoming tedious. Plus ringing that tech support line costs money and today the guy tells me he will escalate the problem but if it's my fault(go figure) it will cost me €53. The thing is if it's Eircoms fault(and it is) they pay no penalty, not even a refund for the cost of the call to BB tech support in the first place, but if I inadvertantly did something it will cost me €53. Talk about screwing your customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Still no improvement! Apparently Eircom have told Imag!ne support that they have found the problem, but won't tell them what it is! Go figure...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

shayser wrote:
    Anyone send anything to this guy? I'm trying to email names in eircom. This one is bouncing back. Any other names I can send a complaint to?

try him at .com not .ie so

To: broadband.support@eircom.net, corporate.sales@eircom.net, general.info@eircom.net
    Cc: consumerline@comreg.ie
    Hello,

I have just recently upgraded from Eircom Broadband Home Starter to Home Plus.

The whole reason I did this was to get 256kbps upload.

The upload I am currently getting is still 128kbps (as it was in the Home Starter Package)

But I am getting 2048kbps download (as apposed to 1024kbps in the Home Starter), so some work has been done on the line.

I've rang Sales and Technical Support a number of times now, and they keep referring me back to each other (which is frustrating to say the least as each call takes 20 mins - 30 mins between waiting and explaining the problem)

Please, all I want is an answer, why is it 128?

Thanks,

Ross

p.s. see attached screenshot of connection speeds, my tel no is 01 xxxxxxx

p.p.s. if you're going to refer me somewhere else, don't bother. If you don't know the answer, could you do what any rational person in your situation would do, and find out off someone else, thank you

I'm hoping there's at least one reasonable person answering these emails... I know it's a longshot, but hey

Just got off the phone to BB Support (yet again) the little bit of extra info I got was that the problem seems to effect everybody who either upgraded or downgraded their packages in the same week as I did (first week in October) The support guy was as helpful as he could be (without actually doing anything!) and put me on hold while he tried to get more info. Came back and told me the above and that one of the guys working with him (seemingly not in Bombay) was also effected by the same issue... seems like this should make me feel better!

invest4deepvalue.com

Oh I also phoned 1901 and got on to "billing". As a "gesture of goodwill" they credited my account €10! Better than a kick in the årse I suppose!

invest4deepvalue.com

Has anybody with this issue had a successful resolution to the problem.

• Advertisement

Has anybody with this issue had a successful resolution to the problem.

Ahh, you like me, prisoner are looking for a glimmer of hope that we are not stuck forever in the land of the 128k upload.

Please somebody, give us hope!!!!

invest4deepvalue.com

Alas, no such luck...

I did ring 1800 200481 (Eircom complaints) and lodge an offical complaint on Friday.

All they did was say that they'll get a "Top Support Engineer" to ring me back.

Still no call, and I'm pretty pesimistic about what they can actually do anyway....

... maybe if I bang this metal cup against the bars ....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Has anyone tried making a formal complaint about this to Comreg or to the Director of Consumer Affairs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

thats www.odca.ie or odca@entemp.ie by email

forget Comreg the useless shower of muppets, they will do nothing .

Arggg....

Fùckerssss
    Dear joe_chicken,

It looks like after your line has been upgraded to 256/2mb profile your
    upload hasn't been changed sucesfully and your Router is still
    synchronizinig with 128Kb upstream speed.
    I FÙCKEN KNOW!!!!

To resolve the issue please contact the technical support helpdesk on
    1890 260260 to have your case sent for investigation as provisioning
    issue. We are unable to escalate unless "real-time" tests are carried
    your with a support agent.
    I ALREADY FÙCKEN HAVE, THEY TOLD ME TO TALK TO FÙCKEN SALES!!!

Kind regards,
    EIRCOM NET

Ah Eircom email support is truly wonderful isn't it Joe, any harm in asking how long it took to get this response? Can you beat my 19 days?

invest4deepvalue.com

I got the same response from BB e-mail support after 2 weeks:

"To resolve the issue please contact the technical support helpdesk on
    1890 260260 to have your case sent for investigation as provisioning
    issue. We are unable to escalate unless "real-time" tests are carried
    your with a support agent."

Even though their autoresponder e-mail states you will get a response in 48Hrs. While Eircom were pondering my e-mail I had already rang BB tech support(twice) and the real-time tests were carried out to no avail. The right hand in Eircom has no idea what the left hand is doing. I'm also pissed off with each dept in Eircom fobbing me off to one another, tech support-sales-faults-tech support. Do they not have someone that consolidates customer queries/problems and deals with the problem in total.

This neat little copy and paste job only took a mere 7 days to concocked... they must be working late in there... they even ran a quick eye over it to make sure that 90% was grammatically correct

I really am losing all hope

I think this thread should be used as an example to comms companies on how not to run there customer service/technical support centres

I know people from Eircom read Boards....

PLEASE... HEELLPP MEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Just to throw my hat in the ring, I'm having the same problem, stuck on 2mb/128k with BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

I'm having the same problem - has anyone got it sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

My upstream is 384, on 3MB package...Limerick, BT.

AdrianC wrote:
    I'm having the same problem - has anyone got it sorted?

Welcome to the club Adrian, no light at the end of my tunnel yet!:mad:

invest4deepvalue.com

Ok, finally, an answer... of kind

I rang tech support again (as a last ditch effort) and was told this was something effecting alot of people (duh! :)) and that it was to do with an automatic updating process (as most people suspected).

But.... they said that the engineer has to manually change it in the exchange, so he estimated another 2-3 weeks

I got this answer on 1890260260, it took about 20 mins to get through...

Log your complaints!

But.... they said that the engineer has to manually change it in the exchange, so he estimated another 2-3 weeks.

Ye have to hand it to them, they really work fast! 8 weeks to resolve a simple problem is quite impressive for a former semi-state, monopoly!

invest4deepvalue.com

I rang tech support again (as a last ditch effort) and was told this was something effecting alot of people (duh! :)) and that it was to do with an automatic updating process (as most people suspected).

Now it occurs to me that if they have an automatic updating process and the settings were wrong for the first week in October when we all ended up in this mess, then surely all that they need to do is downgrade all effected customers to a 1 meg connection and then immediately upgrade us again to 2 meg and the problem should be resolved! Maybe that's too simple, or will cause a demarkation dispute or, or, or,..... please somebody in BB support just do it....

invest4deepvalue.com

Anyone have any joy yet?

Do-more wrote:
    surely all that they need to do is downgrade all effected customers to a 1 meg connection and then immediately upgrade us again to 2 meg and the problem should be resolved!

BTW I ran this one by one of the guys in BB support and guess what! he said he couldn't do it, but if I got onto sales... life's too short to spend another 3 days listening to a recording of "your call is important to us, please continue to hold"

invest4deepvalue.com

This is finally sorted... only took 2 months

Whooa!!! Hadn't checked my speeds since Thursday and now that I do, low and behold mine is sorted too.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement